1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: EGEB: ‘Carbon capture is total BS’, BEEEEESSS!!, Pension funds warming on...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, May 1, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

EGEB: ‘Carbon capture is total BS’, BEEEEESSS!!, Pension funds warming on solar, more

[​IMG]

Global pension funds warm to India’s solar power ambitions – This is the best possible money that solar power can have access to. Trillions of investment dollars are available for long term time frames at agreeable rates due to solar’s average relatively stable returns on investment that pay cash (electricity). There is risk in the commodity price of electricity – but outside of that, once the solar plant is built – it’s going to be there pumping juice for a long time. Pensions and solar go together well.

“Carbon capture is total bullshit” – I’m with Bloomberg on this one. My logic – 1. We’ve been trying to clean coal for almost 200 years, and it is still expensive and we’re still terrible at it. 2. The same challenges that existed in the solar industry 15 years ago – the ability to scale and developing global pipelines on viable technologies – would exist in the carbon capture world. Why would we want to start over when wind/solar/energy storage are coming along so well? 3. I do not trust pumping carbon underground. Just like I am watching earthquakes occur all over the USA due to pumping fluids – when we start needing to maximize profits – we do dumb things. Human nature, let’s just keep the carbon it in the ground, shall we?

more…

[​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...