1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: EGEB: Loan shark puts squeeze on US solar, Dutch suntax, SolarWorldUSA gives...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, May 23, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

EGEB: Loan shark puts squeeze on US solar, Dutch suntax, SolarWorldUSA gives 60 day notice, more

[​IMG]

Electrek Green Energy Brief: A daily technical, financial and political review/analysis of important green energy news.

SolarWorld USA planning in case of mass layoffs within 60 days – For the right global buyer, this company – its vertically integrated resources, brand name, trained devoted distribution arm, etc – is going to be worth investing in. The buyers will have to shed all debt and probably think real hard about supply chain management and product positioning. I’d suggest capital coming from Germany and/or the US, plus China because of sensitives and realities. If someone can manage this with a political touch and market it just right – they’ll have a jump started premium quality solar panel manufacturer.

Finance company using solar trade war to get their moneySQN Capital Management says Suniva Inc. owes it more than $51 million for the purchase of factory equipment it financed. SQN said it’s bankrolling the U.S. trade complaint by Suniva in a bid to help that company recover – You must be one coal-hearted, candy stealing, Scrooge McDuck – or just a hedge fund manager – to want to stick it to the entirety of the USA to get your money. I do have to say though, as a guy who doesn’t have $51M on the line, I ought step back. Anyone want to buy some solar manufacturing hardware? Maybe we can get the companies that buyout SolarWorld to pick this hardware up – a 2 for 1 political dance move.

more…

[​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...