1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: EGEB: Massachusetts’ underwhelming energy storage goal, wind power – a...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

EGEB: Massachusetts’ underwhelming energy storage goal, wind power – a decent education, more

[​IMG]

Electrek Green Energy Brief: A daily technical, financial and political review/analysis of important green energy news.

Massachusetts Sets 200 Megawatt-Hour Energy Storage Target – First, great job Massachusetts at putting a toe in the water. Energy storage will mean gas peaker plants aren’t needed. But seriously – California installed greater than 280MWh between November 2016 and February of 2017 in a few utility scale projects (80MWh from Tesla in under 90 days). The State of Energy report that got great attention called for 1760MW (6000-7000MWh?) of storage by 2025 – and said that at today’s prices it would save consumers money. My opinion – National Grid/Eversource and other people who control Baker’s money got to him first. (I promise RTO that I thought this before I saw their article – and now that I’ve read it, so should you to see that I’m not alone in my judgment call).

more…

[​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.