1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Electrek green energy brief: 70% Mongolian herders with solar, bifaicial...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Feb 20, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Electrek green energy brief: 70% Mongolian herders with solar, bifaicial solar cell plants, green bonds, more

[​IMG]

70% of Mongolian herders have solar power – If the planet goes to crap because we’re fools and allow it to, its people like this – living as close to the land as possible – who will keep the species alive. And now they have access to electricity. When I traveled in China/Pakistan back in the summer of 2008, I saw a yurt with solar power. They have a radio and a refrigertator for medication. As well, fresh yak yogurt/milk is a taste that must be acquired.

Why liberals should support recently suggested carbon tax – The two main argument by liberals against the recently suggested carbon tax by Republicans in the USA are that 1. $40/ton is 1/5th what academics say the true cost is and 2. Its carbon neutral – without investing in infrastructure we’re just going to spend our carbon dividend on more crap. The article shows that $40/ton will meet current legislative goals set forth by the Clean Power Plan and the Paris Agreement – if that is the case, then I would have to grudgingly accept…however – I won’t stop pushing for infrastructure incentives. If we don’t build infrastructure to replace natural gas – we won’t win the planet back.

more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...