1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Electrek green energy brief: 850MW of solar from space, Bubba hates solar,...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Feb 25, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Electrek green energy brief: 850MW of solar from space, Bubba hates solar, customized solar panels, more

[​IMG]

NASA takes a cool picture – Link is to NASA’s website, with an easy before and after comparison system. 850MW of solar PV, some mountains, and a river from space. Pretty cool.

Co-location of solar & pollinator friendly plantsNREL did a great presentation, and now it is becoming a thing in real projects. This technique is new to me – but it reminds me greatly of other co-location techniques like solar+fish, +parking lots, +vegetables, +pathways, +roadways and more. Each of these co-location partners are worth money and increase the return on investment of solar projects. I’d like to see low-light vegetable farms built on top of parking lots outside of supermarkets or apartment complexes.

GA politician Bubba wants to remove power from Public Utility Commission – When electricity companies were given publicly approved monopolies, the Public Utility Commission was created to balanced out the natural greed of self interest. The electric utilities, still, have many times violated the public’s trust. Now, a politician in Georgia thinks the Commission ought not have influence on how much renewable energy a power company should purchase. Of course, Bubba uses the excuse of freedom and market capitalism – but I bet Bubba isn’t considering a carbon tax to balance out ignored externalities. Watch the news as renewables now grow at 200GW a year clips in the coming years – you thought the politicians were getting strung about before?

more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...