1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Electrek green energy brief: SunPower CEO doubtful on Musk’s ability to...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Mar 22, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Electrek green energy brief: SunPower CEO doubtful on Musk’s ability to deliver, Pay as you Go Solar for Africa, more

[​IMG]

SunPower thinks it’ll be a challenge for Musk to deliver PV at the prices suggested – Two things – 1. SunPower sells the most expensive – and maybe best quality – solar panel a regular person can buy. 2. SunPower has been selling solar panels for a long time. My default reaction with Musk is to expect that maybe it’ll take a little longer (month? six?) to arrive and roll out a bit slower (80,000 vehicles in 2016 versus almost 100,000 as guidance) – but, it will arrive and it will be priced right and it will change the game. I can accept that – I would celebrate that.

California looking to specify renewables for peak moments – The gist – California legislators are attempting to restructure the power market so it makes more sense economically for renewable energy to be applied to the very expensive peak demand areas. The reason we ought watch these types of legislation is that places like California are at the cutting edge of power markets and how we’re going to monetize clean energy. Funny that we’ve so quickly progressed from renewables can’t scale and are expensive, to there are too many renewables and they’re so cheap we need to change everything. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Canton, Georgia
    Country
    "doubtful of Musk's ability to deliver"...many have said it, few have realized it. I wouldn't bet against him.

Dan

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Badback

Valued Community Member
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Prior Lake, MN
      Country
      I wonder if the CEO of Ford is doubtful about GM's Bolt?

President of the Wild Fox Coalition says that locks on chicken coops are completely unnecessary and are part of a Chinese conspiracy to destroy the fox population.

• Funny Funny x 1