1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Elon Musk says he will ‘seriously’ start digging a tunnel ‘in a month or so’...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jan 25, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Elon Musk says he will ‘seriously’ start digging a tunnel ‘in a month or so’ to address traffic problems in LA

[​IMG]

If you weren’t convinced that Tesla CEO Elon Musk was serious about launching a new company to start digging tunnels, maybe you will be now that he is putting a timeline on the project.

He announced early this morning that they have made “exciting progress” and that he expects to start digging “in a month or so.” more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    I was reading the comments on the article, and this one made me chuckle.
    It's funny because it's true. So very true.
    Not that I mind. Fred adds a lot of useful information and context in such tweet-based articles.

Fred didn't take too kindly to the comment though. At least he hasn't deleted it. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Belgium now, SW France when my Model ≡ gets here
      Country
      Am the only one who reads between the line in this news a hint at a mid-March 3rd reveal for Model ≡?? :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow: or should we now say Model 3? :)
      Surely you'd expect the preparation to that major event not to leave Elon much time to be 'bored'... :D

• Daliman

Supporting Member
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Mississauga
      Country
      Watching the Hyperloop competition, I guess most of the teams didn't make it through the engineering/safety checks. Delft team just reached a speed of 93 km/hr. Parents should be super proud of these kids. Elon spoke briefly at the opening of the competition and much of what he said was actually about the tunnel project. He said there is a big hole in front of SpaceX now that would serve as the entrance for the tunneling machine. He said that SpaceX was getting a tunneling machine, and that they would pull it apart to see how much they could improve the speed. He said we don't really know what we are doing but he is hopeful that they can improve the speed by a factor of at least 5 and perhaps as much as 10. Ten metres per day seems to be fairly fast for current machines. If they actually got to 100 metres per day they could do 3 km in a month. I suspect that would have a disruptive effect on the cost of urban transport projects like subways and LRT's. Would also be potentially useful for electric cars, no exhaust fumes to take away. He just seemed to have that big smile he gets when he has a new toy to play with. He didn't say where they were going or what would run in the tunnel if they complete it. It seems like he just thought here is this annoying problem, I have the best engineers in the world, lets take a shot at it.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1