1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Elon Musk teases new ‘Tesla Supercharger V3’ with over 350 kW power output...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Dec 24, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Elon Musk teases new ‘Tesla Supercharger V3’ with over 350 kW power output and off-grid solar + Powerpacks

[​IMG]

Tesla CEO Elon Musk was on Twitter this morning responding to a few questions – primarily about the new Easter Eggs the company included in its latest updates, but I thought maybe we could get a proper ‘Elon Tweetstorm’ on Christmas eve so I asked him about an update on Tesla’s plans to install solar arrays at Supercharger stations? He had this to say:

@FredericLambert There are some installed already, but full rollout really needs Supercharger V3 and Powerpack V2, plus SolarCity. Pieces now in place.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 24, 2016

Tesla indeed operates a few Supercharger stations with solar arrays – like the Hawthorne Supercharger pictured above – but they only represent a small fraction of Tesla’s 760+ stations. But more importantly, It’s the first time we hear about a third generation of Tesla’s Supercharger and that’s not all, Musk also hinted at a power output greater than 350 kW – up from the current ~150 kW. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Daliman

Supporting Member
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Mississauga
      Country
      Merry Christmas to all and to all a hyper-supercharged night. I wasn't even going to go on Electreck today because I thought all would be quiet. Thanks Elon for the gift of your energy and foresight and thanks Fred for simulating the conversation! Since Elon says the pieces are in place I will assume that the charging/battery/cooling/technology to do this has already been developed. As with all things Tesla when they roll out of Elon's Twitter account and when they hit the road is an open question. Hoping that some of the new Ontario superchargers get the V3 configuration. Every other charging standard will be left in the dust. This really will remove the last impediment to long distance Electric travel. Bravo.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Love it! Love it! x 1
      • Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
        Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Belgium now, SW France when my Model ≡ gets here
        Country
        Well, how's that for a Christmas gift!! :fireworks:Wonderful timing and certainly no coincidence... T≡SLA will be charging on (;)) for a while to come!! :cool:
        Merry Christmas to all and may as many as possible of you in North America get your Model ≡ within the next twelve months! :)

IMG_3605.JPG

• Like Like x 3
        • Kizzy

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
          California, USA
          Are we currently on Supercharger v2?

• MelindaV

☰ > 3
          Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
          Vancouver, WA
          Country
          they were originally designed for 120kW, and they currently are at 145kW. The changes have happened since 2012, with the latest this last summer with a jump from 135kW to 145kW. Not sure where the "V2" began in there.

• Like Like x 3