1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Faraday Future opens reservations for the “FF 91”; $5,000 for priority...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jan 3, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Faraday Future opens reservations for the “FF 91”; $5,000 for priority access, free for “standard reservation”

[​IMG]

Faraday Future’s unveiling livestream hasn’t even started yet, and already the link to reserve a car has gone live on their website. The website mentions “priority reservations” which require a fully refundable deposit of $5,000, which then makes you eligible to upgrade your reservation to an “Alliance Edition” spot when that is announced in the spring.

The “Alliance Edition” will be limited to 300 units with priority delivery, and include an exclusive exterior color (“Silicon Valley Aluminum”), exclusive external badging, a different digital interface inside the car, and membership in Faraday Future’s “Futurist Club.” A portion of the Alliance Edition sales will be donated to environmental protection, though the organizations to which this money will be donated are not specified.

There are also “standard reservations” available which require nothing more than making an account on the website and clicking the “book a spot now” button. These show interest for the car and get you a spot in line behind the priority reservation holders who plunked down $5k for their spot in line.

If you want to be one of the first, head over to their site and book your spot now: https://reserve.ff.com/en/

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    so the "free reservation" is in other words "signing up for the mailing list"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Founder M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Let's just hope they're putting that money into an escrow account. Fred over at Electrek has uncovered lots of disturbing departures of key people and lots of financial trouble. You can have the fanciest car in the world but if people are jittery then they won't part with cash.

Somehow I think they should have started a bit more simply like Tesla did and gradually built up their business.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. kp623

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    NY
    Did anyone notice the glass roof going dark for privacy ;)

5. Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Canton, Georgia
    Country
    One of the many cool features but everything comes at a cost. I would personally love to see this feature on the Model 3 but I wouldn't like to see it raise the price significantly. I just don't see how this car is going to make it to production. I certainly hope it does...for everyone's sake but there are A LOT of things that have to fall into place for them to pull it off.

Dan

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    It would take very low risk aversion and/or a lot of idle cash to waste to put $5,000 into this one with all the uncertainty about the company and whether or not this car is ever going to built... I find the statement 'FF is going to lead that charge.' in the early part of the reveal) more than a bit preposterous by the way! (No time to watch the full 90' now so will do it later... yet doubt this would make me change my mind...)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. TrevP

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Here's the video. Thank goodness you can fast forward past all the boring parts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BigBri

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Toronto, Ontario
    Country
    It's got some cool tech and ideas but uuuuugggglllyyy.

I also watched some of the livestream and when they were racing it against other cars with most of the interior stripped out to save weight I was just chuckling.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Paul Spiers

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Country
    I wasn't that impressed with the presentation. They were trying too hard to sell the acceleration and to make it sound like they singlehandedly invented all this wonderful technology. It was lacking in showing any details of the drive train and the other tech they are so proud. They needed to focus on their car and less on all the other cars as it detracted from the presentation. Also, they tried to show too much all at once, it didn't leave me wanting for more. The investor should have used an interpreter as that was extremely unintelligible and ackward to watch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. TrevP

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Note to FF: If your CEO and main investor can't speak English then don't have him speak on stage. I couldn't understand a word he said. That's not a racist comment, it's just reality.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. chopr147

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    New York
    Country
    TrevP , you are right. As a company they are trying to gain some attention and more importantly, investment. For a car made in America, even if Chinese owned needs to do this in clear English.
    As far a trying to get orders at $5000 a reservation I think they are in trouble. Tesla was different. Being the first always is. :)
    By the time this car is in production , Tesla may be so far ahead of the curve FF will somehow need to shock the masses! Not going to happen. It looks like a cool car but I will stick with the Tesla Supercharger network until I see better with my own eyes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Ok... Just got done watching the entire 89'... (@TrevP , without fast forwarding...! o_O) and have a couple of comments...
    - most of the useful time (after ~15' of waiting...) is spent by some of the remaing FF executives rambling, with some videos, in what feels largely like hype... It would be more tolerable if they were the first with an EV offering these features (self-parking, autonomous driving capabilities, hyper car 0-60 times, etc.) which the world knows is NOT the case... :)
    - Apart from these goofy comparative accelerations on stage (yep, @Brian_North , laughable!), FF91 only shows up more than 70' into the stream (!) does not even turn around... & does not move upon the first push by YT (LeEco founder)... too bad...
    - On Jia Hueting (YT for us foreigners...), like @TrevP , I kept asking myself whether he was speaking English or Mandarin... Made me feel truly bad... it was more than embarrassing and a PR faux pas!
    - the design of the beta FF91 looks fancy enough, a bit odd on the rear, classy inside yet with a 'normal' steering wheel and some seemingly impractical details (to @Dan Detweiler 's point, overall size, additional width with the two yuuuge side cameras - will these fold?, is there a frunk?... etc)...
    - intriguing that, though folks are encouraged to fork out 5 grand to reserve, on the back of planned '2018 deliveries', there is no indication of plant readiness (by when?) besides videos of dirt being moved ... nor on price (though a range of $150-200k has been circulated on the web...)
    - Lastly, wasn't FF going to show more than one model, based on recent teaser notices?

All in all, though you'd want to believe them... IMHO I found it rather surreal, and I have a (very) hard time to be convinced... More relevant question: will potential investors?
    Stay tuned... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  13. BigBri

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Toronto, Ontario
    Country
    Just in looking at the design again I can see the BMW i3 in there. The design just seems to be ultra millennial to me (this coming from one! :p). Seems to be trying to appeal to the person that covers their house in LED strips to accent everything. Will mean the car may look cool going down the road with its light configuration but when powered off it just looks like a weird smashup of a crossover SUV and a sedan.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Canton, Georgia
    Country
    #14 Dan Detweiler, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Has anyone heard of any way of tracking how many reservations they have gotten? Tesla was VERY public about the Model 3 reservations (when you have 400,000 of them it looks pretty good and you want to share!). If you have 4, then....not so much.

Dan

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Badback

Valued Community Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Prior Lake, MN
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    What's with the side view cameras? They are almost as big as a mirror. So, we know from the video that it can role at 1 mph, but can't find the garage (not sure where the garage would be on stage). The presenters, who represent FF, are some really dumpy looking geeks, too much Pepsi and Lays, and they couldn't dress up a little for their most important presentation.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jaspal

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Turlock, California
    Country
    Can I say one thing? ----> .........LOL

17. chopr147

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    New York
    Country
    This is just my opinion but I think Tesla is holding back on the reservation count. Couple of reasons:
    Tesla already shocked the world with 400,00. (wonder how many cancelled) No need to add to it.
    Future buyers may think: Too many reservations so why bother, I'll wait until cars become available (this is the big reason)
    They already have so many and deliveries may be delayed until 2018 , or as Road and Track says 2019. Publicly claiming we now have 500,000 does not help relieve pressure of production

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    @chopr147 - and exactly why they have down played the Model ☰ at every earnings call or event where someone asks for new details.

19. Guy Weathersby

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Poway CA
    Unlike Tesla, FF seems to be into advertising, at least on YouTube. I saw the same ad four times today.

20. Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Canton, Georgia
    Country
    To me, it seems like the last three days including their reveal is just one big desperate attempt to increase cash flow and encourage big dollar investors. I just don't like the looks of their financial base and the fact that their factory construction has ground to a literal halt is not a good sign.

Dan

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1