From Electrek: Faraday Future says it has received over 64,000 reservations for its FF 91...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jan 5, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Faraday Future says it has received over 64,000 reservations for its FF 91 electric vehicle in 36 hours

[​IMG]

Faraday Future has just announced in a post on the company’s facebook page that they’ve received a total of 64,124 reservations globally for their FF 91 within the first 36 hours. They did not specify the proportion of “standard” free reservations to $5,000 “priority” reservations, but we can assume that a vast majority of these reservations are of the free variety.

Faraday Future announced their FF 91 concept car two nights ago at CES. You can see our writeup of the reveal here. See how Faraday’s numbers compare against some other EVs below the jump.

more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    "FF 91 will have the value, amenities, performance, fit and finish, of an ultra luxury car, at the price of a premium sedan.”..?!?
    Allow me a dumb question: how many 'premium sedan' cost between $150 & 200 grand?! ;)
    Having said that, even if they would translate that number of 64,000 'reservations' into 20-30% orders, assuming they ever finish building their plant, that would be quite a success for such a reportedly 'ultra luxury car'... and boy, is it fast on stage & in drag racing!! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. BigBri

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Honestly, people signed up for a glorified email list and they're bragging about it. Until we see some walls at that factory it's all just smoke and mirrors.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. KennethK

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Country
    I signed up for the free reservation, mostly to be on the email list. But, I'm only getting the model 3. I'm sure many people did the same.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    That maybe, @Kenneth klemczak , but I don't really get why... :)
    1. Faraday Future has been telling the whole world about their plans up to now without mailing list; not sure they will stop now... ;)
    2. FF91 - if indeed priced in the $150-200k range - is going to be in a class of its own (maybe the only bit around the 'New Species' boasting that I can relate to! :D), if ever produced, hence for Model ≡ reservation holders shouldn't it merely generate anecdotal interest because we're EV enthusiasts...?
    But, hey, no issues with me... I get enough spam in my inbox & don't need more promotional stuff from FF... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KennethK

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Country
    @Brian_North I thought it was funny how FF showed all the construction equipment in Nevada just pushing dirt around, but nothing was built!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Country
    From what I hear from a friend that lives in the area and drives by the site daily, they aren't even pushing dirt around anymore. Something has caused construction to grind to a halt and unfortunately I think we all know what that something most likely is. Has the money dried up?

Dan

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    that something is the contractors walking out (mid November) because their payments are so far behind (published number of $46M as of mid October).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1