1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Jaguar reveals new “I-PACE” all-electric SUV, looks like an F-Pace plus a...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Nov 15, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Sep 28, 2016
    Jaguar reveals new “I-PACE” all-electric SUV, looks like an F-Pace plus a little bit of Tron

We’ve covered reports that Jaguar was working on an electric SUV before, and today Jaguar officially revealed their SUV concept, along with their name for it: the “I-PACE.” It’s largely modeled off of their recent “F-PACE” SUV, only Jaguar has taken the step of “electrifying” the design by giving it some future-y touches which are sure not to age well, but seems to be irresistible to automakers when jumping into the EV market.

While this design is still labeled as a “concept” – and as such, maybe Jaguar will tone down the “Tron lightcycle” looks a bit before release – Jaguar states that the car will hit the roads in 2018. This seems exceedingly quick for an electric concept to make it to the roads, especially for a company with no other electric models yet. But Jaguar has been signaling some seriousness about electric cars, particularly with their entry into this year’s Formula E championship. There are no timelines yet for regional availability.

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...