1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Latvian ad firm launches satirical “Stop Tesla” campaign to protect oil...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, May 9, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Latvian ad firm launches satirical “Stop Tesla” campaign to protect oil barons from an “oilless future”

[​IMG]

Tesla’s Project Loveday fan-made ad contest (which has been extended until June 5) recently got a clever entry from the Latvian subsidiary of global ad firm Publicis. The project, titled “Stop Tesla,” purports to be supported by the fictional “International Oil Baron Association,” and tells several sad stories of rich oil industry figures who are distraught to find out that their close personal relations have ordered a Tesla Model 3.

The campaign claims to warn consumers about the Tesla Model 3 and “the dangers that it unleashes towards international fossil fuel corporations.” It also offers several ways to help – they’ve gone so far as to set up a change.org petition appealing directly to Elon Musk not to build the Model 3, and an indiegogo campaign with the goal of buying an island compound on which to plan ways to “protect the world from an oilless future.” The campaign has a goal of just under $2 billion, and as of this publication, they are only $1,999,999,989 away from reaching it with two months left to go.

We’ve included a couple of their spec ads below, and you can visit stoptesla.com to see more.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Gary Moore

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Mountain House, CA
      Country
      Thanks, Latvians!

Although my avatar is vegetation, I also realize that the planet will not be saved by tree-huggers alone. It will be mysteriously saved by things such as the likes of people poking fun at Pierre, the oil CEO, receiving the note stating that his wife has pre-ordered a Model 3.

We're primates, and that's how we roll.

They call it Mother Nature. Her guidance system got us through the Stone Age. Now if we can only make it to infinity and beyond. Stephen Hawking is giving us a century to find another parking place in space.

I got kudos at dinner last night from a patron on my science T-shirt. The word needs to get loose, as if our lives depended on it.

Poke fun at a dinosaur juicer today. That's so over. Let's hope that we aren't.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Gabzqc

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Helsinki, Finland
        Country
        So glad I found this post, the "humor" on the StopTesla.com page is a bit weird and I honestly didnt know if it was a joke, or not!

• Badback

Valued Community Member
        Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Prior Lake, MN
        Country
        And, you being so close to Latvia.