1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Mercedes announces new all-electric brand ‘EQ’, unveils SUV with ~250 miles...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Sep 29, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

As expected following months of rumours, Mercedes announced its new all-electric brand called ‘EQ’ at the 2016 Paris Motor Show today. The German automaker says that the name EQ stands for “Electric Intelligence”.

Under the new brand, Mercedes will not only sell electric vehicles, but it will also deploy charging stations, sell home chargers and even home battery packs. Does it remind you of anything? More importantly, Mercedes unveiled the first vehicle under its new brand: the ‘Generation EQ’. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Founder M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Exterior is kind of "meh" but that interior... This is what the Model 3 should be like. Modern, sleek and very "tech".

3. garsh

Dis Member
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    Mercedes "pulled a Nissan" and designed it with all of the power electronics taking up the "engine compartment". I don't understand why they wouldn't try to create a frunk in this vehicle. Seems like a missed opportunity.

4. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Founder M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    @garsh, you have to remember most of these cars are going to be made on the same production lines as ICE cars to they like to use the same tooling and not have to do anything special for them so packaging the power electronics into the engine compartment allows them to make the cars on the same line.

VW does it for the e-Golf. If you watch closely at the drive train lines you'll see the e-Golf and ICE engines on the same line:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. BigBri

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Toronto, Ontario
    Country
    I actually like the look of this one! Makes me think of a cooler version of the Ford Flex.

6. Blackout

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Toronto, ON
    Country
    Ohhh Man, I'm a Mercedes fan and I felt bad leaving them for tesla...sounds like they are working towards my interest...

I have mixed feelings about the front...but the back and the interior...WOOOOWWW... that's what i'm talking about...At least I like their attempt, trying to be creative with the front, and it looks more round and better than the model 3 current front in my opinion...

I know Tesla is not into competition, but that car would be a serious competitor to the model Y...they'll need to up their games cuz that Mercedes Car's interior is one to die for...
    I like what Mercedes did, their first All Electric is a Small SUV the ones that Tesla are not selling yet...They didn't try to compete with the Model S and 3 yet...They went straight to release their version of model Y tapping into that market before tesla does...