From Electrek: Mercedes CEO says Tesla is the leader in EVs right now, but new ‘EQ’ brand...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

Topher

Energy Curmudgeon
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
So it's going to take them longer to catch up to Tesla than Tesla has been producing cars?

Thank you kindly.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
At least VW and Mercedes are waking up. The rest of the industry has to follow suit eventually.

Something good may have come out of Dieselgate, VW's shift to all electric cars. I was very sadden by what happen with VW, they were actually leading the push for adoption of Diesel here in the US. Then they mucked it all up with doing this. However I think with adopting electric as their future, they can right the wrong.

Country
Country
I think Mercedes assumes Tesla will move at the same pace they have been up to now. Also Mercedes has always been a premium brand. Tesla fully intends to challenge established players in all sectors including Goliaths like Toyota. Knowing what I do of the Mercedes brand I don't expect them to dip into that territory. I expect Tesla will keep everything under the same brand unlike the big guys who fragment everything into different companies / brands.