1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Motor Trend takes a Bolt to a Tesla meetup, finds out GM should be shopping...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Nov 3, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Motor Trend takes a Bolt to a Tesla meetup, finds out GM should be shopping it to ICE customers

[​IMG]

On a recent Saturday afternoon, Kim Reynolds from Motor Trend brought a Chevy Bolt to a Tesla meetup in Orange County, California, to see what a group of local Tesla owners thought about Chevy’s new entry into the market.

This longtime EV driver was fortunate enough to be at the meetup (I’m the one in the video below who really likes the “regen,” or regenerative braking), and I must say I was quite impressed. I’m predisposed to being impressed by any serious EV, but Chevy really does seem to have done a good job with this one.

more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    In my leaf, I have to shift to drive twice to select "Eco" mode, which is the only way to get heavy regen (newer Leafs have a "B" mode, IIRC). It's a bit of a pain, but pretty automatic at this point. And even then, the regen isn't as strong as it is in a Tesla. Additional regen is available on the brake pedal, which isn't as satisfying as knowing that all of that slowing down is recharging the battery.
    There are always going to be people who will trust a well-known name like Chevy over something they have no experience with like Tesla. Heck, I decided to get a Leaf over a Model S40 partially due to Tesla having no track record (at the time) of building an entire car on their own (I'm kind of kicking myself over that decision now).

The Bolt is going to be important. It's a REAL EV with actual, useful range at an average price. This will be the vehicle that will draw in a sizable portion of the don't-really-know-what-an-ev-is crowd. I thought Nissan would be the leader here, but they dropped the ball by not introducing a follow-on to the Leaf. So I'm hoping that the Bolt ends up being a huge success for Chevy.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Tom Bodera

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Hillsburgh, ON, CA
      It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight. lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Jayc

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        UK
        Country
        My biggest concern is the mismatch between how it looks vs its performance. Most of those who find its looks appealing will probably not value its performance and those who buy it for its performance and range will probably grow tired of its looks after a while. There will always be exceptions of course.

• Thomas Hendricks

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Syracuse NY
        I'm considering a Bolt for my wife. However she wants all wheel drive and this doesn't have it, so I know she will say no. Same with the Mercedes B250e and the no rapid charge. So it looks like we will hold out till the Model Y and get a hybrid, probably the Rav 4 hybrid. I was considering the new Mini Countrymen plug in Hybrid but the range is 24 miles electric European standard, which means more like 18 miles real world. Well have to see on that one, it does offer all wheel drive.