1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Several Tesla owners claim Model X accelerated on its own causing crashes...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Sep 30, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

This story is not about the Tesla Autopilot. I want to be clear because the highway accidents involving Tesla vehicles with the Autopilot enabled are a completely different matter and unrelated to these claims of sudden unintended acceleration.

Earlier this week, I reported on a Tesla Model S crashing into a gym and driver claiming the vehicle accelerated on its own. Since the story broke, there have been several more claims of ‘sudden unintended acceleration’ events in Tesla vehicles lately. We looked into a few of them and with the help of an independent review of the logs in one case, we can bring you more information on the situation. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Blackout

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Toronto, ON
    Country
    hmmm Interesting....

3. AscendedSaiyan

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Atlanta
    From what we know, I would lean towards user error. I think it could be exasperated due to using "one pedal driving". Regenerative braking could cause one to forget about the brake pedal. A mistake was likely made in which pedal was supposed to be depressed. Add explosive acceleration to the mix and the Model X doesn't give you much time to correct your error.

• Agree Agree x 1