From Electrek: Tesla CEO Elon Musk announces unexpected product unveiling Oct. 17th & Tesla...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
Tesla product unveiling on the 17th (unexpected by most), followed by Tesla/SolarCity on the 28th — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 9, 2016 Tesla CEO Elon Musk took to Twitter this afternoon to announce an unexpected product launch event on October 17th, just a week away. He further noted that the expected Tesla/Solar City announcement would […]

Continue reading...

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Won't be Model 3 related, at least not directly. I have a feeling this is about Autopilot 2.0 news as he did say they would do something later this year when asked at the Recode conference about "full autonomy".

THey're still having the Solar City announcement on October 28th.

Daliman

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I agree that Autopilot Hardware version 2.0 is likely. I cling to the hope that it will be something related to Model III. When he makes the announcement on the 28th about the Solar City package this will include information about the impact of the new battery configuration on those products and speculation about the impact on Model III. I wonder if he intends to get ahead of the speculation and announce that "at a minimum" the Model III will have a higher millage rating than the Bolt.

John

Tech Founder
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For once I agree with the shorts that this is news to drive Q4 sales. Probably Autopilot HW now in all units sold.

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
@chopr147 I agree, there are several indicators that point to a push to "clean house" before a huge announcement for AP 2:

1. Price increase on AP (in advance of higher component costs for version 2)
2. Q3 push to clear out inventory cars
3. Fremont factory production halt last week and reports of deliveries being held back
4. Elon's prior comments about autonomy new "later in the year"
5. Mobil Eye divorce

Probably more but that's what I can remember for now. We'll know more as we get closer to the 17th.

BTW, we're going to be implementing a live chat function on the website very soon so that we can have live discussions during Tesla events. We'll be doing some testing in advance of the event on October 17th to make sure it's ready.

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Not yet but Tesla is a creature of habit so expect 8PM PST and the event to be held @ the design studio in Hawthorne (beside SpaceX)

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Pretty late in the game now to send out invites for a physical unveiling so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a press call-in (like the P100D unveiling) and then a press release going out.

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Pretty late in the game now to send out invites for a physical unveiling so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a press call-in (like the P100D unveiling) and then a press release going out.
Agreed. Not going to reveal a new vehicle or visual product without fanfare.

chopr147

Country
Country
Agreed. Not going to reveal a new vehicle or visual product without fanfare.
Or without the obligatory Tesla delay. We'll see what happens tomorrow

. Fremont factory production halt last week and reports of deliveries being held back
Really? I had not heard that and it could be very interesting. Added hardware, 2nd camera etc..... for AP?