From Electrek: Tesla Gigafactory: new aerial shots show plant more than doubling in size...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot

Back in July, Tesla officially inaugurated the first phase of its Gigafactory in Nevada – the first 4 sections of the building seen above. Now new aerial pictures show that the automaker is already well on its way to bring up the structures for 4 more sections to more than double the size of the already massive plant.

The pilot factory is about 1.9 million square feet of operational space, but those new constructions ahead of the start of battery cell production will increase that number significantly. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized

Continue reading...

Country
Country

Back in July, Tesla officially inaugurated the first phase of its Gigafactory in Nevada – the first 4 sections of the building seen above. Now new aerial pictures show that the automaker is already well on its way to bring up the structures for 4 more sections to more than double the size of the already massive plant.

The pilot factory is about 1.9 million square feet of operational space, but those new constructions ahead of the start of battery cell production will increase that number significantly. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized

Continue reading...
Hey Trev...I understand they have "named" the various sections with such advanced thinking as "A"; "B"; "C" ; "D-D'"; and "E".
I can't seem to apply the correct naming to these photos. Think you could put a big red "E" on the construction so we could all speculate about the same thing? Better, layout every panel built and yet to be built with the naming system. I NEED a reliable map!!

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Yeah, I can't make heads or tails from their naming convention on this project. Do we even have enough letters to cover all the eventual sections or are they going to start using hexadecimal? :)

Country
Country
Yeah, I can't make heads or tails from their naming convention on this project. Do we even have enough letters to cover all the eventual sections or are they going to start using hexadecimal? :)
My best guess is "A" is the right most (South) white roof, then headed north B, C and the D-D' is just under construction. The grey roof is A' [ in Canadian, would that be "eh prime"?] and "E" is about 75% covered. I have no clue as to the naming of the West construction sections.
Was hoping you had a clue, or a source to a clue. Either way, you are probably the best location to find a labeled map. If you make one, and put it out there, maybe some one with better data will help iterate on the map.
Up for a challenge - being a slow Model3 time anyway?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do we even have enough letters to cover all the eventual sections or are they going to start using hexadecimal?
It looks like there will be 24 sections, so the alphabet will suffice.