1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Tesla listens to customers and walks back all software performance...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jan 17, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Tesla listens to customers and walks back all software performance reductions tied to frequent use max power

[​IMG]

Last month, we reported on Tesla limiting the power output of its performance vehicles after frequent use of ‘launch mode’ and max power. It’s something other sports car manufacturers do in order to prevent premature wear of components due to the high stress placed on them during those launches.

The revelation frustrated several owners because it wasn’t actually communicated to them in any way. After our report, Tesla quickly corrected that, but now they went a step further this week and decided to completely walk back all software performance reductions tied to the frequent use of max power. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

• Like Like x 1
  2. garsh

Dis Member
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    Smart move on Tesla's part.

You really can't advertise performance like they did and then "dial it back" when the owner makes use of it - at least not without letting buyers know. And once potential buyers learned about this, I bet Tesla saw a not-insignificant drop in orders for Ludicrous Teslas. Who wants to buy a performance car with a "must be used by" date?

In fact, I had originally planned on buying a Ludicrous Model 3, but had changed my mind when I heard about the number-of-use limitations. Now, I'll probably try to pay for the upgrade again.

• Agree Agree x 1