From Electrek: Tesla made more money last quarter than the entire US oil industry made last...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
Tesla made more money last quarter than the entire US oil industry made last year

While there are nuances to the claim made in this headline, it is technically true since Tesla announced that it turned a profit of $22 million last quarter while the US oil industry managed to lose $67 billion last year due to its inability to stomach lower gas prices, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).

I think it’s something to consider in this new political climate following the election of Donald Trump. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized

Continue reading...

Badback

Valued Community Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
This is great news. So, if Trump accelerates the US oil production with exports the price will drop further and soon the oil companies will be out of money. I love it when a plan comes together.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is great news. So, if Trump accelerates the US oil production with exports the price will drop further and soon the oil companies will be out of money. I love it when a plan comes together.
Agree. Seems like if there is cheaper supply it'd be hurting the companies a lot. Short term emissions may suck but if companies start going bankrupt and the price goes up then EVs will seem even more attractive.