From Electrek: Tesla to transition from ‘Enhanced Autopilot’ to ‘Fully Self-Driving’ as...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jan 24, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Tesla to transition from ‘Enhanced Autopilot’ to ‘Fully Self-Driving’ as soon as ‘3 to 6 months’, says Elon Musk

[​IMG]

Tesla’s software timeline to fully autonomous driving on its new Autopilot hardware can be somewhat complicated. There’s ‘Enhanced Autopilot’, which in itself offers several different features, and there’s ‘Full Self-Driving Capability’, which despite its name will not enable self-driving for a while, but could still be useful to Tesla drivers very soon.

CEO Elon Musk clarified the timeline last night. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Founder M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    We're all beneficiaries from all the testing that current Model S and X owners are doing with their cars. The software will be more mature when Moldel 3 arrives !

Keep in mind this is still an evolving system no nothing will be perfect and some stuff might not even be finished yet. I'm sure the massive Model 3 fleet will help accelerate the AI smarts too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. garsh

Dis Member
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Country
    If it can handle divided-highway driving without me having to pay attention, I will be satisfied. I want something to handle the long part of my commute and long parts of road trips. Anything beyond that is gravy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Steve C

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Country
    The question asked EM was

@elonmusk At what point will "Full Self-Driving Capability" features noticeably depart from "Enhanced Autopilot" features?

I don't think he meant that we will see full lvl5 in 3-6 months. Probably just a noticeable difference between the two. I'd happily be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. MichelT3

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Originally the expectation was full autonomy fully functional end of 2018. So it seems to be sooner than expected.

• Agree Agree x 1