1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: The Electrek Review: 2017 Prius Prime – This is not the EV you’re looking for

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Feb 27, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

The Electrek Review: 2017 Prius Prime – This is not the EV you’re looking for

[​IMG]

TL;DR – The 2017 Prius Prime doesn’t deserve coverage on Electrek. While a significant improvement over its predecessor the Prius Plug-in, the Prime’s internal combustion engine continues to turn on unpredictably and it cannot function as a complete car without gasoline.

Background:

I’ve been a Toyota Prius owner for almost 8 years. I loved my 2008 Prius so much that I decided to step up my game and get a 2012 Prius Plug-in. I regret that now because we had also looked at the Chevy Volt but the rear seat room vs. the Volt’s 4 seat option won out. The local Toyota dealership promised me that the Plug-in version of the Prius got 12 miles of range before the ICE motor kicked in. For me, that would have taken care of my commute and my wife could have gotten to work, charged up and gotten home without ever using a drop of gasoline. For long trips we’d use the gasoline and still get the great 50+mpg mileage of a Prius. Perfect! I don’t need the 2012 Volt’s 43 miles of range. Except one thing: The Prius Plug-in doesn’t go 12 miles on electricity or, in my case, often even get out of the driveway on electricity…

And I found out this week that Toyota’s new Prius Prime, while certainly an improvement in many areas over the Plug-in it replaces, still doesn’t function like the EV it pretends to be… more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Matthew Morgan

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tesla Owner:
    No
    Country
    Well that's a shame. But I imagine they won't have a problem selling them.

3. Badback

Valued Community Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Prior Lake, MN
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Another hideous monster from the Godzilla school of large nostril design.

4. Watts4me

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Houston
    I was also fooled. The dealer told me that I can use the battery to drive it 11 miles. And that the solar roof panel would charge the car.

• Funny Funny x 1