1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: VW e-Golf with 55 kWh battery pack for over 200 miles of range – Kreisel...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Dec 5, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

VW e-Golf with 55 kWh battery pack for over 200 miles of range – Kreisel builds the electric car VW should have built

[​IMG]

Kreisel Electric, a small startup launched by three brothers in Austria, has been making headlines in Europe for having retrofitted some popular European-built electric vehicles with their own battery packs and significantly increasing the range in the process.

The three Kreisel brothers developed their own battery pack technology using regular battery cells and they managed to double the energy density of every car they retrofitted, including a Porsche Panamera, a Skoda Yeti and a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. Now their latest project, a VW e-Golf, could actually make it to production. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Belgium now, SW France when my Model ≡ gets here
    Country
    Not clear if this range is according to NEDC or on EPA cycle, yet with Elektrek reporting and with a battery claimed @ 55 kWh, it could be the latter, no? No price indication tho' nor estimated prod. launch date apparently... wait & see therefore...

3. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    #3 garsh, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Why would they develop this for a VW compliance car?
    I would think that their market would be much bigger if they'd do this for the Nissan Leaf.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Country
      @garsh , you are probably right if you think globally... not sure if these guys do... maybe they figure they could appeal to the many in Europe for whom the Golf is a popular choice yet need more range to convert to EV... Still missing the price indication to know for sure how serious this is ... :)

• MichelT3

Top-Contributor
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Steenderen, Netherlands
      Country
      Being a European company comparing itself to VW, I think it will be NEDC ... :eek:
      I also think the VW Golf the wrong car to make this into a success. The design appeals to a group of customers who for many years will still be too conservative for BEV's. In Europe, when you buy a Golf, you convey that you certainly don't want to rock the boat.

It would be good if there's a company who will improve the quality of existing non-Tesla BEV's. Because that's very much necessary.
      Still, would you buy a Golf-e (or any other BEV) and then take out the existing battery pack and exchange it for a better Kreisel pack? At much higher costs?
      Nope!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
        Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Country
        @MichelT3 , of course I agree on all counts!!
        First that the Golf has been & still is one of the dullest, conservative car there is... It never ceased to amaze me it sold so well for so many years - maybe a little less now... ;) - that VW felt the need, every time there was a new model, to make the new one almost identical to the one it replaces....
        As far as Kreisel, at best it feels like a long shot. I'd give them kudos for trying, yet would be surprise it will be a high seller, which makes with expected low output, it is likely to be high €s! :)

• Agree Agree x 1