1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

From Electrek: Watch the first Tesla Model X crash tests – 5 stars expected in every category

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jun 12, 2017.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

Watch the first Tesla Model X crash tests – 5 stars expected in every category

[​IMG]

Ever since the launch of the Model X in 2015, Tesla said that they expect the SUV to receive 5-star ratings in every single safety category – just like the Model S.

NHTSA has yet to confirm those claims, but they now released the first crash test videos and therefore, the official ratings shouldn’t be too far behind. more…

[​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. garsh

Dis Member
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Country
    I was surprised that the front passenger gets thrown so far forward in the frontal crash. I thought the seatbelts were supposed to tighten up during a frontal impact to prevent that.

During the pole test, I was disappointed in the behavior of the falcon wing doors. The doors on both sides appeared to become unlatched, even though the impact occurred on the driver's door. It's a neat idea, but seems to be only 90% developed. Plus, a sliding side door accomplishes the main goals (power opening in tight spaces), and is much simpler and better developed at this point.