Front row hump?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Country
Country
hi all.

New owner of dual motor Model 3, and was wondering if anyone noticed the floor hump as you move the driver seat back?

babula

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
hi all.

New owner of dual motor Model 3, and was wondering if anyone noticed the floor hump as you move the driver seat back?
This is the first time I hear someone reporting a floor hump. How bad is it? Is it noticeable or do you feel it when moving the seat back?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you talking about the slight hump under the floormats?

babula

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, how the floor sorta dips into the “foot well”. Is that due to the battery?
In the original post you made it sound like you felt it while moving the seat back but maybe you see it in front of you after the seat is pushed back? Which is it?

Country
Country
In the original post you made it sound like you felt it while moving the seat back but maybe you see it in front of you after the seat is pushed back? Which is it?
Thanks for asking again, I see it in front of me after the seat is pushed back.

I think I’ve just been used to the front row floor being even from the seat to the pedals, vs a dip (mischaracterized as a hump) into the foot well

babula

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for asking again, I see it in front of me after the seat is pushed back.

I think I’ve just been used to the front row floor being even from the seat to the pedals, vs a dip (mischaracterized as a hump) into the foot well
Ok gotcha, in that case yeah I think this is expected - I also have a slight dip there that I noticed after I put new mats in.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
If it's what I think it is, I'm imagining it's to allow for connection points for the seat (as they can't be lower due to the battery being under the floor).