FUD: Will Tesla file for bankruptcy?

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With all of the VINs registered, I'm fairly certain cash won't be an issue now!

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What a schizophrenic article. Elon not having money for a taxi? The man has multiple 20 million dollar houses within a few minutes of each other.

Elon has had to sleep at the factory multiple times during crunch periods and this is no different. He's an inspirational guy and knowing that he's there kicking ass motivates the employees to do their 120% too. The production rate is above 2000 a week sustained (meaning it wasn't a temp burst) and there are a large number of customers being invited to configure. I'd say there is nothing to worry about. If money did get crunchy I highly doubt they would have a problem getting a hand. They have a product sold out year(s) in advance. It's any investors wet dream to provide cash for products flying out the door.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
There are people outside the Seeking Alpha crowd who actually believe this "Tesla Bankruptcy" stuff?

Did you believe it the other fifty times these people have predicted Tesla's imminent bankruptcy?

The only debt Tesla has coming due this year is 200-something million. In November. Which on the scale of Tesla's business is quite small; Tesla had $3,4B in the bank at the end of the last quarter, for comparison. The first "serious" amount of debt due is 900-something million next spring. Literally a year from now. What do you think Model 3 production rates will be a year from now?

The whole point of making Model 3s is that when the line is up and running at full, they're not only profitable, but a major cash cow. The closer they get to that stage, the closer they get to that result. The current line is now - seemingly sustainably - at 2/5ths of the line's design goal. And should be at its design goal at the end of the current quarter. What impact do you think that will have on Tesla's bottom line, do you think?

Daliman

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
A few people at work told me this week that they were sorry I would not get my Tesla as the company was going bankrupt. I smiled and told them about the record quarter and my delivery estimate. Will this nonsense go away even when they decide to record a profit?