1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

German incentives

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Juergen, Sep 25, 2017.

More threads by Juergen
  1. Juergen

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Messstetten
    Country
    Yesterday I find out, that's German Government have the rebate program called "Umweltprämie" available up to 31.06.2019.
    I have still a hope that Tesla can deliver soon enough. That's 4000€ i could save!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dash

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Hamburg
    Country
    Yeah but its like "06/2019 or until the budget runs out." Its limited to 1,2 billion EUR, so if 300,000 to 400,000 buy a EV before you get to your Tesla, luck runs out. But the chances are good.

That said, I hope you have an early reservation :)

3. Konstantinos Kostis

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Rödermark
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    It's actually called "Elektromobilität (Umweltbonus)". "Umweltprämie" is what you get when you return your old Diesel car and buy a new Diesel car. Very different story.

The "Umweltbonus" has become law on 2016-11-17 (see also http://www.bundesfinanzministerium....11-16-G-stl-Foerderung-Elektromobilitaet.html), so it's now almost a year old.

Here is some more information on that: http://www.bafa.de/DE/Energie/Energieeffizienz/Elektromobilitaet/elektromobilitaet_node.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. avoigt

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Bavaria
    Country
    Who knows maybe we see even an increase as the new coalition is still in the works and the Green Party wanted to upgrade it to €6k. Negotiation may happen as we speak.

Give the reduced attraction of other EVs and the limited charging options unless for Tesla owners I do have my doubts that we see see budget running out.

My 2 cents, when it runs out they will initiate a new one...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marcumar

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Leipzig, Saxony
    Country
    I'm a little bit worried about the production delay in terms of incentives, but more worried that soon I won't be allowed to drive my diesel car in my hometown any more. After recent court orders they're talking about low-emission zones in certain cities as soon as 2018.

So angry at Audi/VAG. I bought an ultraefficient Audi A3 in 2014, that can drive more than 1000km with one tank of petrol. Lost a lot of its resale value after the emission scandal.

6. avoigt

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Bavaria
    Country
    I must say, the information was available even back in 2014.

I told all my friends and family but people tend to believe what the automaker tell them even if its obvious false information. This is combined with a strange trust in big names and a kind of loyalty people feel to brands in particular into the compulsion car industry in Germany. I know people how buy this days a new Diesel ... and they believe in all the promises... I don't think anything has changes for they auto industry and they just continue to cheat.

Moreover most people don't do a full TCO calculation which makes them feel there ICE car is cheaper than an EV is. Its not and with every day passing the value competitiveness of a Tesla is increasing. Can talk for the other EV makers as I did not make the math.

7. Marcumar

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Leipzig, Saxony
    Country
    I knew that the consumption promised by the carmakers wasn't achievable, but the defeat devices weren't common knowledge before september 2015.

Yeah, the general public isn't that well-informed most of the time. I think there is an opportunity for early adopters to educate people about electric cars. For example, the most common myth I hear from friends and colleagues is that BEVs aren't environmental friendly due to the german energy mix and the energy-intensive production.

Recent study:
    https://www.transportenvironment.or...iesels-even-when-powered-dirtiest-electricity

By the way, Audi did a video about my car. I'm still amazed, that they released it, when you see the test drivers sweating and the fogged up windows in Italy :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    3.6 Litern. Wahnsinn! o_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. Juergen

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Messstetten
    Country
    On this day it should only be about the sale of Model S and X. I had a call from a sales representative the Wednesday before. On consultation with the Model 3, he said that they are expected in Germany at the end of 2018. So nothing new!

Jürgen

• Informative Informative x 1