Got notification for a new update but it seems to have disappeared

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Country
Country
I got my new Tesla last Friday and when it was delivered it had 24.8. On Monday I went to the airport and while on the way got a notification on my phone via the Tesla app that a new software update was available which was exciting. Fast forward to yesterday and when I finally got a chance to get in the car to try and install the update I see no update available. Did anyone else have this happen? Any idea why it seems to have disappeared?

iChris93

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If it was 26.1, it seems like they’ve pulled that update and aren’t pushing it anymore.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If it was 26.1, it seems like they’ve pulled that update and aren’t pushing it anymore.
I think this is exactly what happened with 26.1 stalling and getting pulled. 26.3 just dropped today though!

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When I got the notification for 26.1 I needed to leave for an appointment so I schedule the update to install at 11pm. I got home at 4 and we had nothing else planned so I decided to try to install it. I found the install interface by clicking a little clock in the upper right by the time.

Brentt

I got my new Tesla last Friday and when it was delivered it had 24.8. On Monday I went to the airport and while on the way got a notification on my phone via the Tesla app that a new software update was available which was exciting. Fast forward to yesterday and when I finally got a chance to get in the car to try and install the update I see no update available. Did anyone else have this happen? Any idea why it seems to have disappeared?
Yep, had the same thing happen to us monday. We got the notification but X’d out of it to drive, When we got home it was nowhere to be found.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There will be small alarm clock on top corner. That's the update notification.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was on vacation last week, I got an alert on my phone that I had a software update available. I was hoping it was V9. Well once we got home there is no update on the screen in the car. How can I force the car to check for an update?

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well once we got home there is no update on the screen in the car.
If Tesla decided to stop the rollout of the version of software that your car had downloaded, then there's nothing you can do.

If you still have an update pending, but the popup window has disappeared, then there will be a yellow "clock" notification symbol along the top. Just tap that to bring the update window back up.

How can I force the car to check for an update?
You cannot.

njkode

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yea the yellow clock is not present so I guess whatever update it was got pulled back. I'll just keep waiting for the V9 update.