GPS orientation resets to “North Up”

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

atebit

Event Horizon II
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like my GPS in “heading up” mode or whatever it’s called (so towards the top of the screen is your direction of travel). Apparently the car doesn’t; more than half the time I need to touch the compas between drives to get it back into my preferred mode

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like my GPS in “heading up” mode or whatever it’s called (so towards the top of the screen is your direction of travel). Apparently the car doesn’t; more than half the time I need to touch the compas between drives to get it back into my preferred mode
You're spot on and I hate North up! Every time I use navigation and cancel and/or reach my destination it resets to North Up :mad::mad::mad:

Joaquin

Country
Country
Maybe just drive north? :D

Hopefully while you are navigating, it's heading up, right?

Sounds like a bug anyway. Send a bug report, hopefully they can fix it for the next version.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe just drive north? :D

Hopefully while you are navigating, it's heading up, right?

Sounds like a bug anyway. Send a bug report, hopefully they can fix it for the next version.
Yes the navigation is “heading up” which works well and in addition to that as you near a highway exchange or turn, the map zooms and shows which lane(s) to be in!

atebit

Event Horizon II
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well at least they moved the phone and music controls so you don’t have to be Reed Richards to reach them.

John

Tech Founder
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I do end up tapping that a lot, either to go back to "heading up" or to re-center the map after I've panned/zoomed it.

Impatient

Country
Country
I guess I'm an oddball. I like north up and I'm frustrated when the map default to "heading up," or whatever it's called.

Rhaekar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I guess I'm an oddball. I like north up and I'm frustrated when the map default to "heading up," or whatever it's called.
I prefer north up too but it really should remember your settings. I sent in a report about the car not remembering your folded mirror position since I manually fold them before pulling in my garage.

Rhaekar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine remembers the always up or north up setting. Just tested it. It seems its remembering the folded mirror position now too. Still on 10.5, no changes there.

Brett

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think @Bokonon deserves a winner tag for this!
upload_2018-4-12_17-42-41.png

Brett

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

msjulie

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine does *not* remember that I hate north up and want the map oriented to show which way I'm going, right side map on right side of me... for those that like N up, that's fine - map should remember or have a setting.. such an easy thing to fix! :)

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
North up for walking directions.
Heading up for driving.

BLDRN3R

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Heading up all the way. But I also want the car to keep my current zoom level when navigating and not snap back to showing the whole route. Equally annoying.