1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Greetings from The Netherlands

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Dennis van der Pool, Mar 21, 2017.

More threads by Dennis van der Pool
  1. Dennis van der Pool

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Netherlands
    Country
    Hi,

I'm Dennis van der Pool from the Netherlands. I work as a lead developer on the IT department of a large financial institution and also have my own IT company besides that.

A few years ago we had an external consultant working for us who owned a Tesla Model S he pre-ordered long way before the first Model S came rolling of the assembly lines. A few times we talk about cars and i got fascinated by the Tesla and asked him if i could join him in a ride during our break.
    The next time he was in the office (as he wasn't in the office that much) i asked if we could drive together. The moment (5 February 2014) we walked to his car i was amazed. Ever since that experience i wanted my next car to be a BEV especially as Tesla Model S.

Even though it would take me at least 15 years to save for one, i didn't gave up and thought, while i'm saving the price will come down, technology improves, other car manufacturers will come up with BEV's as well and second hand Tesla's would become more in a price range i could afford. So it would just be a matter of time before i have my own Tesla. This has started me saving for one.

When i found out that the Model 3 would be unveiled it was also tweeted by Elon if i'm correct that people could pre-order the car in the stores before the unveil. At the time i thought why should i stand in front off the store with hundreds of other people, i'll just pre-order online. But at the 31st of march i had to go to the car dealer with my current car (a Titan Silver BMW 330Cd from 2004) and i was done there one hour before the Tesla service center/store in Tilburg would open so i thought i'll just go there and have a look.

When i arrived at the store/service center there we're already people waiting in line (about 7) and we we're all handed numbers so every body could just relax and get processed in the order we arrived. I'm standing here just behind the red carpet (bald guy). http://www.bd.nl/default/om-half-zeven-in-de-rij-voor-een-nieuwe-tesla~adb7ada7/

I was handled as number 7 if i'm correct. Tesla employees took pictures who wanted it with their pre-order confirmation on the iMacs.

Still eagerly waiting like the rest of you for my Model 3, can't wait to drive it.

My current cars are:
    * 1979 Chevrolette Corvette Stingray (Black)
    * 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition
    * 2004 BMW 330Cd

When i've got my TM3 i'll sell my BMW and i'll have 3 American made cars :)

I really love my current daily drive car (BMW 330Cd from 2004). It currently has 347.000 KM's on the odometer and the engine is still running smoothly. I really wanted to drive it until it was uneconomical, so i really was trying to get it "round the clock" and put more than 1 million KM on it. There are currently only 3 cars which i would buy to replace it and that's the Model S, 3 and X, but i will go for the Model 3 now as it's something i could afford to buy.

TCO will be great here in the Netherlands if i'm correct:
    1) No or not much road taxes (i now pay 135 EUR per month!)
    2) No more Diesel for me, free energy in future with Tesla Solar Roof and PowerPack! :)
    3) No impact taxes AFAIK on BEV's
    4) Low insurance cost if via Tesla?
    5) Lower maintenance costs

So it's a win-win-win-win-win scenario :)

That's it for now, back to work :)

Dennis van der Pool
    https://twitter.com/dennisvdpool

P.S. Have you seen this yet?
    Interactive 3D Models of Tesla Model 3, S & X
    https://sketchfab.com/virtualstudio

I've posted them under media, but there's no 3D models section yet (and i don't have permission to create it, so i've put it under Videos).

• Like Like x 2
    • TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
      Staff Member Founder
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Aurora,Ontario
      Country
      Hi Dennis and welcome to the board!!!

I saw the 3D models you uploaded, very cool and I tweeted them out to get some attention. Thanks for joining, you'll see we have a very active community here which is only going to get busier as we go, especially later this year :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
      • Dennis van der Pool

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Netherlands
        Country
        Hi Trevor,

I've been a long time YouTube subscriber of your channel since the first unveil. I've probably seen all videos. I try to watch them as soon as they come out :)

I also subscribed to Twitter, Forum, etc. but didn't took the time yet to take a look at the forumn. I'll now be very active on the forum as well. This is the year of the Model 3 :)

Greets,

Dennis van der Pool

• Like Like x 2
        • Dennis van der Pool

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
          Netherlands
          Country
          Picture of my current daily driver: Titan Silver BMW 330 Cd from 2004. 348k KM on odo and still running smoothly :)

Picture of when i bought it in 2009 when it had 107k KM on the odo:
          DSC_0024.JPG

Will only be replaced by a Tesla Model 3 or S :)

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Badback

Valued Community Member
            Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
            Prior Lake, MN
            Country
            Looks like you wax it every day,...oh wait, there is no dirty in Holland, it's all used to grow flowers.

• Like Like x 2
            • Dennis van der Pool

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
              Netherlands
              Country
              This was the day bought it. Dealer waxed :)