1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

Greetings from WI

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by SwaggerWagon, Jul 9, 2017.

More threads by SwaggerWagon
  1. SwaggerWagon

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    West Bend
    Country
    Hi all, good to be here! My wife and I are both long-time car fans, and the green-sheep of our respective families, so it's nice that Tesla has let us bring those two concepts together. Haven't been part of a car forum since our WRX days, and we're getting very excited about our Model 3 finally coming to fruition!

We've got one reservation - drove down to Chicago and waited in line back in 3/31/2016 since there's no Tesla presence in Wisconsin. We only have one car ourselves - a 2010 VW Golf TDI that is part of dieselgate. Can't wait to get the Model 3 so we can sell it back to VW and be done with the "clean" diesel.

Getting an 80A line run out to the garage this coming week as well - really makes it feel like it's all coming together!

I'm a field service engineer for a medical device maker, so I get a company car and put about 35k miles on it per year. Would love to get a used Model S (would need something big enough to hold a few tool cases and spare parts), but recently put together a spreadsheet and wouldn't be able to get one until it's $42k or lower. Maybe in another year there will be 85Ds for sale on the CPO website for $42k, but until then looks like it's going to be ICE for a while longer.

Anyways, glad to be here, and thanks to the people running this board! I've run a few websites in my day and know how much time it can eat up, so thank you all for that!

Andy

• Like Like x 3
  2. SoFlaModel3

Impatiently Waiting
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    South Florida
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Welcome aboard we're glad to have you guys!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Thanks, glad to have you, and hope you quickly see how pleasant time can be on this forum! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I expect it will not be long until 85D used cars are in that price range.
    And once you get the Model 3, you may find it will accommodate your tools/supplies - especially with the seats folded down.
    Or pitch to your company (assuming it's not yourself) on the operating expense savings of a Tesla with grandfathered unlimited supercharging over an ICE that may have a lower upfront cost (assuming if it's a company owned car you are reimbursed your fuel/service costs, not a per mile rate). Like this one is $64k, or there are non D 85s under and at 50k...

• Useful Useful x 2