Has a Valet Parked Your TM3

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have never and will never — just personal preference.

I think it’s simple enough to explain, but there is that chance they pull the manual release getting out of the car.

djejnyc

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone has an opportunity to leave your TM3 In a Valet parking garage? Did the valet know how to use the Key Card, what instructions did you them.
We have valet the car at a hotel that has a charger, they knew all about the M3 and how to drive it. Plugged it in and everything. Another hotel they had no idea and we had to walk them through the procedure the first time. after that it was fine.
No issues so far!

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My prior vehicle was Lexus GS350. No valet ever parked it. I will keep that going with the M3.
Ever read the little receipt/tag they give you. Basically, you give them your car at your risk, they take no responsibility.

What if there is no choice? I give the valet a few bucks, explain that I wish to park it myself and they always allow me to do, sometimes even move the cone to the spot I want. The green paper solves all problems.

Nikola

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone has an opportunity to leave your TM3 In a Valet parking garage?
Twice. First time I asked the valet if he had parked this car before and he said "many times." Then I showed him the key card and asked if he knew how to use it. That's when he realized it was not a Model S...

We were double-parked on a busy street in downtown Montreal so I gave the valet a quick run-down on how the car worked and set it to Valet mode. Tracked it via the app to the parking space. No problems.

Did the valet know how to use the Key Card, what instructions did you them.
"Tap the card here to lock and unlock the car. Tap the key here to authorize driving. Open the door by pressing this button." If the valet has ever driven a Tesla Model X or S before, that's really all you need to tell them.

Second time, I was at a hotel in Palm Desert with 2 Tesla Destination Chargers. The valets were moving Teslas in and out of the charging spaces, several times each day, so that everyone had a chance to charge. They probably had more experience in the Model 3 than many people on this forum. No problems.

Several times I've had people yank the manual door release despite my instructions. It will happen, since lots of people just act on reflex. So far there has been no damage to the door seal, so don't freak out at the possibility a valet might do it once.

Also, be sure to put a label on your keycard with your name and phone # on it, just in case they mix it up with someone else's card.

Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I valeted it in Beverly Hills the first night I got it. I had 83 miles on the odometer. They assigned my car to a guy that only handles the supercars cause they never seen this car before. I’m like, it’s not quite in the same class as the lambo pulling up behind me, but okay. All the valets came over to check it out though. It was an interesting experience. Hehe.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got ours this past weekend. My partner has had a couple of medical appointments at a hospital that has no self-parking option, and the valets refused to park it. She said she had to wait for them to move some other cars out of the way, directed her into a spot, and told her to let them know when she’s leaving so they could unblock it. It wasn’t a one-time fluke, as they did the same thing on the next visit.

I wonder if this is a Tesla-specific ban, or perhaps they do this with any cars that they perceive to be too much of a liability?

Country
Country
My first, and so far only, valet experience in the Model 3 was at the garage of a major hotel in downtown LA last May. The special low-cost room rate had also waived the $59 parking fee. As I drove up to the valet, I asked whether all the staff was familiar with the Model 3. He responded yes and then asked if I would like a complimentary charge-up. So, I got free parking and a free fill-up and didn't have to bother with a planned Supercharger visit the next morning. Very, very nice!