1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Hello from Germany

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Forrest, Mar 30, 2017.

More threads by Forrest
  1. Forrest

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Karlsruhe / Germany
    Hello everyone from Germany's south west,

I've been following the youtube channel for quite some time now, lurked around the forum a little bit and am currently deciding wether to order a reservation T-Shirt. :D

A little bit about myself: I am a freelance software architect / developer, Model 3 + powerwall 2
    reservation holder and had some stock (from March 2015) until Wednesday.

The reason I got into Tesla was overall technical (nerdy) interest in technology at first, am now a little enthusiast mainly because of my 1 y/o son because of whom I really want to cut CO2 (and other) emissions anywhere possible. That's why we installed a solar array on our roof and are now strongly considering the Powerwall 2.

Currently my wife and I don't drive the cleanest cars as recent studies found out, after Dieselgate they suddenly improved testing, who would have guessed :D so we want to switch the smaller car (Hyundai i30) for a Model 3 and maybe the bigger one for a Model Y. The problem is that the bigger (and newer :( ) one (Hyundai i40) is a Diesel car and the state of Baden-Württemberg is currently considering banning Diesel cars like ours from inner cities which basically means that we have to get rid of it in the near future.

Anyways I am looking forward to discuss EV / Tesla / Model 3 with all of you.

• Like Like x 1
    • TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
      Staff Member Founder
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Aurora,Ontario
      Country
      Welcome to the forum! We lots of other like-minded people here waiting for their Model 3. If you have questions please ensure you search keyword first, the answer might already be here, but people here will help out.

We also maintain a list of everything known so far about the Model 3 here:
      https://model3ownersclub.com/pages/everything-about-model-3/

Danke!

• Forrest

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Karlsruhe / Germany
      Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. :) Unfortunately I missed the first 55 minutes of your broadcast today but I am catching up right now!

• Like Like x 1
      • Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
        Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Belgium now, SW France when my Model ≡ gets here
        Country
        @Forrest , herzlich willkommen auf M3OC! Immer froh wenn hier ein Europäer sich zusätzlich einschreibst! Wir sind aber schon ziemlich global und der @TrevP spricht selbst ein bisschen Deutsch! :D
        Südwest Deutschland? Heißt das Bayern? BMW Land? :p Ich fahre jetzt einen X5 2.5D und freue mich auch auf den vollkommen sauberen Model ≡ um zu schalten!! Leider habe ich spät meine €1,000 ausgegeben... darum wahrscheinlich noch 2 Jahr warten... :rolleyes:
        Viel Spaß hier!! :)

• Forrest

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Karlsruhe / Germany
        @Michael, merci beaucoup! Non, je suis situé à Baden-Württemberg, pays de Daimler et Porsche. Je vis seulement 20 km de la France. Super Deutsch, mein Französisch ist leider nicht mehr so gut.

@TrevP J'ai appris hier que tu parle francais et aujourd'hui que tu parle allmand! Grand compliment!

Unfortunately I reserved also way too late in July 2016 and I really really want AWD (my wife not so much) so I won't get my Model 3 any time soon as well.

• Like Like x 1
        • Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
          Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
          Belgium now, SW France when my Model ≡ gets here
          Country
          @Forrest
          Danke! Ton français est excellent, bravo!
          Yeah, there's more of us who have a while to wait yet, but, worry not, the reward will be worth the wait!! ;)
          Schönen Tag!