1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Hi

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by mig, Jul 13, 2017.

More threads by mig
  1. mig

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    California
    Country
    This forum has been a wealth of information while patiently (ha) waiting for M3 to become available.

I've been driving electric for ~5 years and I could never go back to a combustion vehicle. I've been waiting for Tesla to make a less expensive long range EV for my first purchase, and jumped in line at the store in the afternoon of 3/31 for a reservation.

I first leased a LEAF in 2012 for 36 months, and I would have extended the lease but Nissan wouldn't allow it, so now I'm driving an i3, which is a quirky car to say the least and not at all family friendly. The battery in the i3 does seem to hold capacity way better than the LEAF though, so not all bad (I had lost 2 bars by the end of the 36 months and had just enough range for my commute. It was always fun arriving home with 3-5 miles on the range guestimator)

My lease is technically up in two months, and it doesn't appear likely that a Model 3 will be available by then, so hopefully BMW will let me extend my lease for a few months -- otherwise I might look into purchasing an e-bike, used LEAF for $8K, or ??

2. SoFlaModel3

Impatiently Waiting
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Coral Springs, FL
    Country
    A day 1 reservation from California. You're close!

If the numbers are right you can buy out your lease and then turn around and sell the car in a few months.

3. mig

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    California
    Country
    Haha, hope I'm close. When the Teslanomics estimator was first put up, I plugged in my info and it said my Tesla would be ready Oct 31, 2017. That is the day I have to turn my i3 in! I thought it must be preordained....

Unfortunately I can't imagine there would be much of a market for a used i3 after the Model 3 comes out...