Hidden Fees / Costs

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

minogully

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
So there's the sticker/price:
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 3.05.26 PM.jpg

Then there's the state tax. In my state (MA) its due when you register the car. For me that was $1,488.75. MA charges taxes every year but it declines as the car ages.

Then there's the outlet needed in the garage. Mine was $684.90. This will vary depending on your situation.

There are some common optional things like:
* All weather Matts - $578.95
* OptiCoat Pro - $825.00

And then you can do all sorts of additions for customization like dash cams and the like.

If the Federal/State tax credits are available you get those "back" when you do your return at the end of the year so you're out the cash until then and given the current state of them I wouldn't make a financial plan to buy the Model 3 that counts on them.

Of course all this would need to be adjusted for prices 2 years from now and then downsized to the Model 3 range. But it at least gives you an idea of what it was for me on my S.

minogully

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So there's the sticker/price:
View attachment 115

Then there's the state tax. In my state (MA) its due when you register the car. For me that was $1,488.75. MA charges taxes every year but it declines as the car ages.

Then there's the outlet needed in the garage. Mine was $684.90. This will vary depending on your situation.

There are some common optional things like:
* All weather Matts - $578.95
* OptiCoat Pro - $825.00

And then you can do all sorts of additions for customization like dash cams and the like.

If the Federal/State tax credits are available you get those "back" when you do your return at the end of the year so you're out the cash until then and given the current state of them I wouldn't make a financial plan to buy the Model 3 that counts on them.

Of course all this would need to be adjusted for prices 2 years from now and then downsized to the Model 3 range. But it at least gives you an idea of what it was for me on my S.
I don't see any mention of delivery, inspection, or prep. Did you not have to pay for these?

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I don't see any mention of delivery, inspection, or prep. Did you not have to pay for these?
Oh, thats another $100:
Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 9.51.50 AM.jpg

So sticker price plus taxes plus $100 get you to the final total I ended up paying.

The documentation, and regulatory fees are in the sticker part.