Home and work locations

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country
After reading through the manual (again)
It sounded like the car would figure out where my work location was and at some point suggest alternative routes etc.
I have set my home location for Homelink etc, but the car hasn’t suggested anything so far.
Maybe I’m just reading something into the manual that isn’t there?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
not specifically from the manual, but I do recall seeing a video talking about setting the home/work locations, and my impression was it was something you manually assigned (can't recall if it was by typing in the address or setting the location to one of those options while you physically were there).

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country
The bit I’m referring to is page 98 called Home and Work Destinations.
“Model 3 May prompt you to navigate to your work location in the mornings and to Home location in the evenings”
I’ve not seen it do that even with both locations set. Should have said I did that about two or three weeks ago :)
I’m guessing it may need calendar working first, maybe.

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The bit I’m referring to is page 98 called Home and Work Destinations.
“Model 3 May prompt you to navigate to your work location in the mornings and to Home location in the evenings”
I’ve not seen it do that even with both locations set. Should have said I did that about two or three weeks ago :)
I’m guessing it may need calendar working first, maybe.
Ahh yes mine definitely doesn’t do that.