Houston Area: PPF/Ceramic & Tint Options/Prices?

JOUL3S

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Houston area owners: please kindly post your recommendations of where to go for tint and possibly protection film or wrap. I've heard the prices can vary a LOT if you don't find the right hookup. :confused:

Prof. B

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Houston area owners: please kindly post your recommendations of where to go for tint and possibly protection film or wrap. I've heard the prices can vary a LOT if you don't find the right hookup. :confused:
Well, it's not quite Houston, but I've been given an estimate of $8-1200 for a Kenzo ceramic coat from a detailer in College Station. I also asked about a front bra film and wrapping the interior piano black. He said he'd have his wrap guy take a look. I'm taking the M3 in tomorrow afternoon. I'll post a follow-up once it's done if you're interested. It might be worth it to schlep out here depending on what you are looking for.

reve

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
All the vendors in Tesla Group are pretty offering the same price on PPF.
Whole body around $4500. Full front $1500 to $1800.
Ceramic Coating varies from $500 to $900 from 2 to 5 years warranty.
Window tint is around $350 to $650
I actually talked with a shop near west chase service center, they have a much lower price on whole body PPF which is $3800.
Anyone have other store recommendation?

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I actually talked with a shop near west chase service center, they have a much lower price on whole body PPF which is $3800.
I'm in the southern metro area. I called Tint World in Webster. The prices they quoted me over the phone were about the same as this. He said they had already done a Model 3.

JOUL3S

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a guy I found on the Houston Tesla Owners FB group and he's working on my ceramic wrap right now. $500 for 2 coats/5 year protection. He's really good and he has great attention to detail. One coat so far and the car looks amazing already. I should've taken a before picture for relative comparison but I'll post the after pics once he's done.

reve

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I have a guy I found on the Houston Tesla Owners FB group and he's working on my ceramic wrap right now. $500 for 2 coats/5 year protection. He's really good and he has great attention to detail. One coat so far and the car looks amazing already. I should've taken a before picture for relative comparison but I'll post the after pics once he's done.
Are you planning to just do the ceramic coating? PPF is just too expensive, I couldn't justify if it will be worth it.
Do they do two coats separately?

JOUL3S

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you planning to just do the ceramic coating? PPF is just too expensive, I couldn't justify if it will be worth it.
Do they do two coats separately?
Yeah, I'm doing just ceramic -- PPF is a little too much. I've spent plenty on this car already!

Here's a quick pic:
20180626_143555.jpg

JOUL3S

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Up close just so you can see how good this guy is

36267556_275845589655899_915968455239270400_o.jpg

reve

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Yeah, I'm doing just ceramic -- PPF is a little too much. I've spent plenty on this car already!

Here's a quick pic:
View attachment 10714
Looks great. I didn't know that window tint can also be over 1000 until today. The brand name spectraphotosync sounds solid, reject up to 79% heat, but don't how it compare to 200~500 range products.

kelvinpt

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
hope this helps! i would say first figure out what brand you want, and then go off the vendor's site for licensed installers. in my case i wanted suntek ultra.

quotes for suntek front end:
Vive Auto Detailing about 1450
Executive Motorsports about 1300

The guy JOUL3S used is probably David. His company is Spring Branch Car Detail. I'm booking ceramic coating from him soon after my PPF is installed.

Last edited:
Country
Country
Which shops are part of the Tesla Group in Houston?

Country
Country
Joul3s - do know which Ceramic product he uses? Also - could you pass along his name/shop's name?

JOUL3S

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Joul3s - do know which Ceramic product he uses? Also - could you pass along his name/shop's name?
He uses Liquid Armour. I'll PM you his contact info.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the houston area as well and I'm interested in getting his name too! I'm thinking of doing PPF just in the front and ceramic on the whole car.

BobbyM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey guys, I really appreciate all the info from this forum, so I’d like to add to the Houston database.

Paint protective film:

I just got my car back from DriverSource on Memorial. Cost was $1090 for full front Avery Dennison PPF. Complete front end, fenders, entire hood and mirror caps. They also did all four door edges at my request.

They did a great job. Only one tiny area on the edge of Driver’s side mirror didn’t take. It’s a little bubble on the edge that goes away if you press on it but comes back later. Steve said they will fix it for me if I bring it back in.

Ask for Steve Ott: (281) 841-2798‬

In the past this shop also did my exhaust and a 3m clear bra on my BMW. They aren’t the cheapest for shop service but they are very good. Lots of cool cars to look at around the shop and in their “vault “. Vintage Porsche’s, race cars, etc. They also have a nice waiting room with comfortable living room set up, tv, WiFi if you are waiting for service.

Window Tint:

JP did my windshield and side windows for $285 after the PPF was installed in the morning. It was going to be $475 for all glass but I decided I’ll leave the roof and rear stock for now. JP has a few other options of tint available but I went with his suggestion of Geoshield Ceramic. 35% sides and 70% windshield. I talked with him about the warnings from tesla about tinting the windshields and he said he has done them before and is very careful with towels to protect from any moisture. It turned out great. I picked it up the next day after work. They are open until 6pm. JP Tinting is also mobile and can come to your garage.

JP Tinting: ‭PM me for phone number.

Attachments

BallzOne

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
For anyone in the Houston area looking for a good tint/pdf/ceramic coat location I have a recommendation. I took my newly delivered Performance 3 to Premier Detailing and Sun Cap Auto Tint to get a bunch of work done. These two guys are in the same location and coordinate/work together to get your car done. Mingo at Sun Cap did my tint, chrome delete, and ppf. PPF was full bumper, front fenders, headlights, and full hood. The interior console also had matte ppf applied. Tint was all windows except sunroof and windshield. Mingo tints the rear window in a single piece of film. Then Jonathan at Premier Detailing did a full paint correction polish, CQuartz Professional coating, and Flyby Forte on all the exterior glass.

These guys did an amazing job and I don’t have much else to say except to let the photos speak for themselves. I highly recommend them to anyone looking around in the Houston area. The techs at the Houston-North service center saw the vinyl job when I brought the car in and raved about it to me. They said they’re gonna start recommending them to people who ask about places to go when they take delivery.

Here’s the details of the work done:

SunTek Ultra PPF: Full Bumper, Fenders, Full Hood, Headlights

SunTek Matte PPF: Interior Center Console

Exterior Glass: Flyby Forte

CQuartz Professional: Full Exterior

Matte Black Vinyl Wrap: Window Trim, Fender Cameras, Tesla Decals, Door Handles

Solar Control Ceramic Xtreme Tint: Front Windows @33%, All Others @18%

Attachments