How do you view "New Threads" after the site upgrade?

RoadToLevel5

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Is there a way to view New Threads now? Prior to the upgrade, there was a way to do so and I used it regularly. I'd like to view new threads created since the last time I visited.

Thanks.

Last edited:

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Loving the new features of the site. Is there any way you could bring back sticky threads?
Wow, first person I've seen who's happy with the update. What about it are you actually liking? The front page is spammier, comments are stretched much wider so your eyes have to move back and forth a lot more, "liking" a comment with anything other than a like is now a two-step process, etc.

webdriverguy00

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, first person I've seen who's happy with the update. What about it are you actually liking? The front page is spammier, comments are stretched much wider so your eyes have to move back and forth a lot more, "liking" a comment with anything other than a like is now a two-step process, etc.
You know the first rule when you want to get something done is first talk about the positives and then ask nicely hey can we now get this? I dint wanted to discredit the work that has gone in this update which often gets overlooked

Troy

Country
Country
@TrevP, I think you have only added 'Latest New Threads' to the summary section of the What's new page. However, it only shows the last 5 threads and there is no page equal to this that shows all recent threads. On that page, I can see the last 50 threads. I can scroll down and go to page 2 to view 50 more recent threads. We used to have this feature here. That was my bookmark to this site. Each time I visited this forum, I would open that page that shows all recent threads.

As a side note, I just edited this message and the Ajax feature kicked in updating the message without refreshing the whole page, which works perfectly. Is this new or did I not notice it before?

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
They’re still running the old version (1.5) of XF so that function is gone in the new version we’re running (2.0). I’m looking into possibilities to implement it on our system again.

Yes this version edits messages in place instead of the old version which did it in an overlay. All done in AJAX. This new version is basically a total rewrite which is why lot of stuff is so much better and some older features are no longer present and also explains why we had to upgrade to a new template, plugins etc... It was a big task to upgrade and has put us on solid footing on a new code base for future growth.

Maybe I didn’t make it clear just how much of an upgrade this was and why we’ve been having so much back and forth about making slight changes all over the place.

Hope you understand

Last edited:

webdriverguy00

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
threads are still stacked at the top of each section (they have a red thumbtack), just not a divider line between them and the 'regular' threads
Yeah but it’s still not the same. It’s a lot harder to find new threads.

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
That link isn't working yet due to a change in template code. I'm still looking into it. In the meantime just click What's New and you'll see new threads at the top.

RoadToLevel5

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
@TrevP The new functionality isn't as nice as the old. There's no way to go past 25 threads and the system doesn't track new threads that have already been viewed.

Will we see the same capability that was there in the old version?

Thanks!

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
@TrevP The new functionality isn't as nice as the old. There's no way to go past 25 threads and the system doesn't track new threads that have already been viewed.

Will we see the same capability that was there in the old version?

Thanks!
I can manually set how may new threads are displayed but it's not possible to paginate them like posts. We used an add-on for new threads in the previous software that doesn't exist anymore for this new version. I'm keeping an eye out foe developments however.