1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

How much competition is there for charging up your Tesla

Discussion in 'Australia & NZ' started by Panda, Jun 23, 2017.

More threads by Panda
  1. Panda

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Sydney
    Country
    Does anyone know how many drivers in Sydney have reserved the Tesla 3. We only have a few charging stations? (the CBD, st Leonard's and the super centre). If there's a smaller enough number we can make a our own booking sheet to avoid a que. If there's too many I'll just charge at home?
    I'm already suffering 'charge anxiety' and I haven't even driven it yet.

2. Fun_for_the_grandkids

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Canberra, ACT
    Country
    #2 Fun_for_the_grandkids, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    I'm in Canberra but when visiting Sydney would be interested in the Sydney super chargers. My nearest super chargers are in Goulbourn and Gundagai, not exactly next door. Will be following the usage levels in Sydney (and beyond) with interest once the Tesla numbers pick up although only when planning trips. I'm hoping for real time help with this from the on-board software but don't know how useful that will be. Current Tesla owners may have a view on that.
    I tell people I bought my own service station (actually it's a small nuclear fusion energy capture device appropriately aligned to the northern sky which now sits on my garage roof) but have yet to attach a bowser (will do so as soon as I've configured the TM3 and can get my Tesla home charger). I must say I'm looking forward to avoiding that weekly visit, to plugging in each night and to having a full 'tank' in the morning.
    Currently I briefly but regularly suffer range anxiety as I have to drive out of my way to re-fuel my ICE vehicle, so avoid doing it too frequently.

3. Panda

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Sydney
    Country
    I completely agree with your thoughts. I suspect once the public see how good the Tesla 3 is with some form of advertising, the growing sales in our cities may force Elon to make a few more charging stations. A few local councils (in Sydney) have plans to have more charging stations as part of their green mandate.