How to get the radio to stay on after exiting the vehicle?

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like to roll down the windows and crank the music while tailgating at football and hockey games, but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get the radio to stay on after I've exited the vehicle.

One suggestion (that maybe was tailored for S&X) was to put the car in neutral and set the parking brake. Well, I can get the 3 into neutral, but it seems like the Parking Brake button is grayed out and/or it puts the car into Park when I press it and then the radio just shuts off after I exit the car.

The best I was able to do was to depress the brake pedal AFTER I exited the car, but this only kept the music going for 10 or 15 minutes.

Is there no way to just keep the radio on? Like accessory mode in a traditional car?

agastya

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If your windows are rolled down, just tap on the screen and the media will be back right on.

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You need camping mode or more likely the talked about Party mode. I think it was Elon that mentioned party mode a couple of months back. Open it up and play the music. Maybe in v9 one of these days.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like to roll down the windows and crank the music while tailgating at football and hockey games, but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get the radio to stay on after I've exited the vehicle.
<elon time>SOON...</elon time>

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
<elon time>SOON...</elon time>
Well, disappointing to have to wait for ElonSoon...but at least I know I'm not missing something basic.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Have you tried leaving the door open?

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you tried leaving the door open?
Not specifically, but the volume level drops significantly as soon as you open the door, so not likely to be a great solution.

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would love the radio to stay OFF unless I turn on the car. Anytime I open a door to get something o do something else in the car, the radio comes on. Doesn't matter if I switch the radio off using ht left st whl button before I exit - opening a door turns it on again., Automagically.

VERY annoying.

PaulK

Country
Country
I agree, and feel that all this behavior we are discussing should be configurable.

Paul