How to protect textured plastic between door sill and pedal well

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th and still qualify for the $7500 US federal tax credit until December 31 for orders placed before November 30 as all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Volt-amort

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would like to protect the interior plastic door sill trim ( not the car paint or aluminum emblem area, but the textured plastic material between the door sill and carpeted pedal area). It is not glossy, so not sure what would stay put and not leave any film when removed after a long time

I’m very careful, but my ( or other’s) shoe must scuff it, as I already have a few scratch lines I’d like to prevent.

Cheers all!

Ps: I just realized I posted in the wrong thread category, but haven’t yet figured out how to move it. Oops. Sorry!

Last edited:

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would like to protect the interior plastic door sill trim ( not the car paint or aluminum emblem area, but the textured plastic material between the door sill and carpeted pedal area). It is not glossy, so not sure what would stay put and not leave any film when removed after a long time

I’m very careful, but my ( or other’s) shoe must scuff it, as I already have a few scratch lines I’d like to prevent.

Cheers all!
Your best bet might be to have some clear wrap done there. I'm sure any good wrap shop could do that and it wouldn't cost much. Maybe even a satin clear so it's not glossy. You'd still have to wipe it down on occasion but it would protect the plastic bits underneath.