1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

How to submit engineering suggestions and requirements to Mr Musk

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill' started by DaveIrina, Mar 24, 2017.

More threads by DaveIrina
  1. DaveIrina

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vinton Iowa
    Does anyone know of a way to submit suggestions/engineering requirements to Mr Musk? I get frustrated when I see how automakers design GPS navigation systems and would like to make a few suggestions (that I hope he might make into requirements for the Model 3 navigation system).

Any insight would be deeply appreciated.

thanks

2. Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Canton, Georgia
    Country
    Understand, the auto manufacturers don't make the navigation systems. They simply install them into their cars. If you want to make changes in the navigation systems you would probably do better by contacting the system manufacturer rather than Elon.

Dan

3. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Staff Member Founder
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Country

Try this form:

https://www.tesla.com/contact

Also, while most companies appreciate constructive criticism don't expect them to implement your ideas into a product because of legal issues. I could sue Tesla for using my idea that I submitted and demand licensing fees or a settlement for example

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • DaveIrina

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Vinton Iowa
      Good points, thanks.

Do you know if the Model S nav system gives the driver elevation information? This is an important piece of information that is commonly available from the GPS engine but for some reason is omitted in the UI. Elevation (altitude) isn't just for pilots IMHO, and would even be nicer if they would include vertical speed to the driver. It would be helpful for energy conscience drivers to know when they are climbing and descending.

Speed/Velocity is another piece of data that should be available to drivers, it is nice to have multiple sources of information so errors can be detected. My Prius speedometer is off by 2 mile/hour at 70 mph, but my GPS speed is right on the money (timed it through a mile and the number agrees with road side radars that police have set up in various places.

With a little luck, these features will already have been implemented in the Model S and will also be in the Model 3.

• teslaliving

Top-Contributor
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Boston
      Country
      Tesla does not provide Elevation information to the driver, but they have all the data and it's available via their API. Apps like Teslab show you these things:
      IMG_9206.jpg
      So the data exists and you can get access, but don't expect Tesla to provide the visuals themselves any time soon.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1