I’m sick of Apple!

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Love my November 2017 15’ MacBook Pro and find the touchbar quite handy. Like you, @SoFlaModel3 , I enjoy using the screen brightness maxed out but I almost always have the laptop on power & @ 100% though I know this is probably not a good plan. Otherwise with extended use during the day it requires daily charging almost like the iPhone. Such is life in 2018... ;)

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
LOVE my 2011 MacBook Pro. Upgraded the memory, and added an SSD. It runs just as good as the newer ones, without all the problems.

Had to work on a brand new one several days ago, and just didn't like it (especially the keyboard). Hope this one won't die for a few more years, as I'm not too impressed with Windows 10 either.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm interested in the OP's progress since the summer. Still with apple?

I had a bit of a falling out with them in my mind in 2016 and on a whim bought a Surface Pro 4. I loved the hardware and Windows 10 is pretty decent. The shine wore off after actually living with the device... many apps on Windows are appalling; reading apps, browsers on touch, editing PDF's, integrating photos into documents easily etc. I sold it after about 6 weeks and haven't complained about my Apple hardware (or software) since. My 2014 MBP is still going strong.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I had a bit of a falling out with them in my mind in 2016 and on a whim bought a Surface Pro 4. I loved the hardware and Windows 10 is pretty decent. The shine wore off after actually living with the device... many apps on Windows are appalling; reading apps, browsers on touch, editing PDF's, integrating photos into documents easily etc. I sold it after about 6 weeks and haven't complained about my Apple hardware (or software) since. My 2014 MBP is still going strong.
Still fully with Apple and never going anywhere. My rant has closed ;)

Mosess

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was annoyed that the mac mini was not getting updated and that they put in so much effort to make their products thin and thinner that it means smaller batteries. They almost redeemed themselves with me now that the apple watch series 4 doesn't suck like my series 2 did (was sos low it was practically useless for anything other than just telling time) and the new Mac mini base is actually awesome and just what I needed fro my office (I need to replace 8 older mac minis there).

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve had two MacBook pro’s. Current one is just before latest gen. I love USB-C. I plug one thing in (a dock) and I get everything.

I carry a tiny adapter for USB-A which I have always hated with a passion. Constantly try to plug computer cables in blind, like back of computer, bottom of displays, Model 3 cubby and always have them backwards.

I have apple care on both and never used it.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

It's funny that it's Microsoft of all companies that seems to have really done it right with their Surface hardware. I heavily researched Windows laptops for work and they clearly stood out from the rest, the only one that could truly be a lightweight tablet then be plugged into the base and get a full powered computer. Build quality, looks, good trackpad..things other PC makers struggle with. But...Windows will eventually crawl under your skin. If only they could run Mac OS. If only Apple would make a similar laptop.

And I say the same about the iPad Pro. Love the new design, finally has USB-C. But if only it ran Mac OS.