I’ve lost all desire to drive.

Discussion in 'Tesla Experiences' started by Spiffywerks, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    My car is in for service.

Brought it in Friday, they said probably won’t be done until Tuesday.

Although I have waited weeks to get my car in and reserved a loaner car while my car is in... I got the unexpected.

[begin rant]

One, I can’t stand Fords.
    Two, I hate hybrids.

So Tesla’s loaner to me: Ford Fusion Hybrid.

Kill ... me ... now.

Sure I’m getting a free loaner, but my gawd, what an aweful, soulless, slow, noisy, ugly car. I was really hoping to get anything Tesla.

I was always so anxious to drive anywhere, any errand, honey-do, I was jumping at any opportunity to drive around in my zippy Model 3. Now, I feel like a cat that got a collar put on it. Try and stand me up and I just fall right over. All desire to drive has left my body.

Have I driven a Ford lately? Unfortunately yes.

Look at all these silly buttons and not even navigation! The drive selector wheel- what a stupid feature.

5091F479-430B-4374-9183-576BD32B8084.jpeg

[/end rant]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    @Spiffywerks , to the thread title, I am sure it’ll come very soon once you get your real T≡SLA beauty back!! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Edward Reading

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    My god, that is hideous.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Paul Spiers

DarkShines
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I agree, I drive company cars for work, we also have Ford Fusions. I count over fifty buttons five round knobs two steering wheel stalks. It is a confusing mess. You cannot drive and operate more than half of the buttons without taking your eyes off the road.

So when people talk about how dangerous the Model 3 is because most of the functions are on the 15’ screen I chuckle to myself.

Also, I agree about how slow it is, I never feel safe trying to merge into traffic. It takes forever to get up to speed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I basically only drove it to get home. (4-5 miles). I really have zero desire to get back into it. I’m seriously considering calling in sick mon-tues so I don’t have to drive it. Lol.

Actually I think a normal ICE car would be fine. It’s the whole hybrid thing I really hate.

You want people to go green, I get it, but give them fun too! Don’t make them slower, noisier, uglier (I’m looking at you i3, Prius, Mirai!). Make them beautiful, fast, and fun to drive! You know... like a Tesla! (Bless you Elon for being a big kid who understands other big kids!)

I always believed if BMW made a fully electric 3/5 series... that looks like a 3/5 series... they would be super sellers and get tons of BMW drivers off ICE cars. But you know ga$oline companies... yeah whole ‘nother can of worms.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mike Land

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    And when all the legacy auto manufactures go down in flames their executives will be pointing to cars like this and screaming......"Look at the wonderful cars we made, why don't you love us anymore???"

It makes me laugh and think back on the days of the horse and carriage. We all see it coming but how many others do at this point?

• Like Like x 2
  7. msjulie

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Generally agree but our Audi A3 e-tron is actually a non-sucky hybrid. Wish it had more battery range but it's not mine so no big deal :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. garsh

Dis Member
    Expand Collapse

Country
    Even though Bob Lutz is clueless when it comes to Telsa, he has had some insight into why bad cars get made.
    How Bad Cars Happen: The Pontiac Aztek debacle

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Mike Land

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Pontiac Aztec, geez, don't even get me started! When that is a product the company is proud of, well, I think it says it all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Your thread brings up a funny concern of mine. Tesla has ruined me (in a good way), but now I literally don’t want to drive anything else. Down the road that can be a problem...

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Mike Land

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Don't worry my friend, down the road all cars will need to be as good as your Tesla or the companies will cease to exist. My crystal ball has a bright driving future ahead for you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Yes, I have this same feeling. Every time I get into an ICE, I feel like I have to learn to drive again. It’s actually dangerous, cause I’ve overshot a couple stop signs forgetting I need to actually press the brakes to slow down. lol.

Unless the ICE has gobs of power (my old Charger had 400+ HP/torque) they just feel so slow. Very hard to go back to ICE. I don’t know if I could.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. LUXMAN

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    At least it wasn’t a CHEVY! :eek:

I love driving my 3 so much that I do the same thing. He lets go do this or that. Afraid to park some places so I take the LEAF, but at least that is not burning GAS!

14. Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    #14 Spiffywerks, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Well, to add insult to injury, just got my HOV stickers and I have no car to put them on! Lol (forgot to check mailbox yesterday)

And not sure if I want to put RED stickers on my car. Hmmmm is it worth it? Haha

E61BC286-6991-49AC-A73C-FA928FADED1C.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. GDN

GDN
    M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I can agree with the number of buttons being huge, and I can't defend the Fusion Hybrid, but I can defend the Fusion and the 2.0 L Ecoboost. We've got a '13, the first year of the redesign, it is the Titanium, so it is loaded. It's 5 years old, and the Navigation has been good, it has been incredibly fun to drive (although I got my first ride in a M3 today and I can say it doesn't compare, but til you get in a M3 and don't know the difference) the Ecoboost is a fun car and has some incredible pickup and get up. It has automatic parallel parking which doesn't need a car in front and back and works very well, it has adaptive cruise which works very well and they've since added full start stop in traffic like the M3 will do and emergency braking for pedestrians, etc. These options work well and execute well.

So I'm not defending the number of buttons, it is a bit crazy and overdone, but a lot of them are redundant/duplicate to what you get on the screen for stereo and AC/Heater controls. And those on the steering wheel, while looking very cluttered are all very useful and you figure out controls with never taking your eyes off the road. They are useful. Tesla will overcome this as they mature the software and get the buttons to work better in context with what is going on with the screen or functions you are using.

So while yours is not as fun to drive and the buttons are overkill, drive one loaded and the Fusion really holds it's own considering it is about half the cost of the M3.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    That’s tough. You guys have the worst traffic I have ever seen in my travels, but there is just no way I’d put that sticker on my bumper.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. msjulie

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Shy of not living here... they are butt ughly but 3 of the 4 are on the back of Ruby Red, mounted on 3m clear to prevent permanent sticking... the access to the car pool lane in the AM can mean 15 minutes @60 vs 45 agonizing stop/crawl/groan traffic so...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Well, not saying that all ICE/hybrid cars are bad. But this particular hybrid is so boring and sucked all the desire to drive right out of me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GDN

GDN
    M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Yep - understand and I don't want to take from what you report as I'm sure it is all true. I've not typically been a Ford person throughout my life, but felt I should defend the Fusion just a little overall, as I've found it to be one pretty incredible car, especially for a 5 year old car and the features it had at the time and the pickup for an ICE, but I'm not comparing the car you spoke of, so I do get it.

And I'll add - I got a ride a M3 today, the first time for a ride ever in a Tesla, and it was pretty freaking incredible. Impossible to find anything to compare in the price range.

20. LUXMAN

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    4 stickers?!? What moron came up with that? It should be a toll tag system if they wanna track you otherwise that is just crazy silly

• Agree Agree x 1