1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

I know this is late...

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Safe Daddy Driver, Mar 18, 2017.

More threads by Safe Daddy Driver
  1. Safe Daddy Driver

Well-Known SDD
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Jersey
    Country
    Greetings from the East Coast! Better late than never... so here it goes...

Just wanted to start by thanking everyone for being a great source for information and excitement for the upcoming Model 3. I've been following Tesla since its early beginnings, and for years I have been longing to own a Tesla that I can afford. In 2011 my wife & I drove down to Princeton NJ to see the Model S prototype firsthand. I'm now a proud reservation holder for the Model 3!

My favorite car that I've ever owned was my 2009 Audi A3 Quattro, which gave me some headaches after a few years, although it was so much fun to drive. Then I traded it in for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid (non-plugin), which is not nearly as much fun to drive but it feels better than a Prius. Missing my Audi and growing impatient for the Model 3, I bought a (cheap but like new) used 2012 Ford Focus Electric to keep myself - and my wife - from going insane. It's now my eco-friendly commuter car to work and placeholder for my Tesla vanity plates.

My wife & I would prefer an SUV, e.g. the Model Y, for the extra room and height especially since we are expecting our first child in the summer. Sorry hon, but papa just couldn't wait any longer.

Cheers everyone!

• Like Like x 3
    • Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Belgium now, SW France when my Model ≡ gets here
      Country
      Thanks! Nice to know you better now. Better late than ever... The wait may still feel long at times yet the reward will be gratifying for sure, 120D or not! ;)

• Like Like x 2
      • Safe Daddy Driver

Well-Known SDD
        Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
        Jersey
        Country
        I'll be happy with a 60D LOL!