1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

I received a free reservation today?

Discussion in 'Reserving, Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Hezekiah, Jul 28, 2017.

More threads by Hezekiah
  1. Hezekiah

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Chesapeake
    Country
    So, Interesting story.
    Halfway through reserving the m3 back in January, I got a 404 error and so I restarted. When I finished, I realized I had 2 reservations. one was paid for, and the other said I need to put down the deposit. When I logged in today, I saw that it had marked my reservation as being done today! Upon further inspection, the one marked as reserved 7/28/17 is the reservation I never paid for. My other reservation is correctly dated for 1/5/17.

Are reservations free now? Is it a glitch in the website right now? Or a glitch int he website back then? Or am I missing some hidden part of the page that tells me to pay?

This is a quote from my post I wrote a few days after I reserved explaining what happened. It will explain exactly how the glitch happened while I was reserving 1 model 3.
    "When I was reserving the 3. They had the option for PayPal, and so I clicked that, and it took me to the PayPal site. But I had a PayPal balance and I didn’t feel like using that plus having the rest of the transaction on my card, just in case I needed a refund. So, I clicked cancel. But that took me to a Tesla.com/ page with a 404 error. So I had to restart (so I thought). I restarted and everything went fine, but afterward, I realized I have 2 reservations! Two reservation numbers, two listings on the “My Tesla” page, and so on. However, when I go into one, it says it has not been paid for. So I have a reservation # but the reservation has not been "confirmed." So the reservation number is worthless until I pay and it is "confirmed." I don't need a second reservation, so I’m hoping after I don’t pay it for some time they will delete it and I’ll just have the one reservation."

2. PcGuy

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Country
    When it comes time for financing, I can't imagine them not verifying and realizing the mistake. It's possible but not likely. Good luck though!

3. Hezekiah

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Chesapeake
    Country
    Yeah, every time I log in it says I reserved that day. It'll be interesting because I think the delivery estimator updates too

4. Lean69

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    New Jersey
    Just a glitch.

I made my first reservation on April 1st 2016 but cancelled later on due to not being ready to take delivery on estimated delivery time. After cancellation my reservation information remained. I recently re-reserved and all information updated with delivery estimated in early 2019 which fits my current needs much better, actually hoping it'll be more towards middle of 2019...

That being said they're just delayed with updates. Contact Tesla rep. and they'll be able to tell you exactly what they have in their system. Don't go by what it says on your "My Tesla" page.