1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

I'm completely obsessed! Are you?

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Bruce D, Nov 8, 2016.

More threads by Bruce D
  1. Bruce D

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Centnennial
    Country
    Since standing 3 hours in line to drop $1,000 for a reservation, I've been scouring the internet for more information. Yes, my life would be easier if I chilled and just waited for the next reveal. I can't, though! I have 3 standing windows in my browser (tesla model 3, tesla motors, my tesla page) that I refresh a few dozen times a day hoping for more info on the HUD, production schedule, and the next reveal. Who else is obsessed and what are your completely ridiculous habits?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Welcome Bruce :)
    to add to your list of things to occupy you for the next year...
    You obviously found this forum...
    Tesla's Blog
    watch Tesla's Events page for special events in your area
    the Tesla Motors Club Model ☰ forum section
    Teslarati
    Elecktrek (which @TrevP RSSs over to this site)
    Tesla podcasts (ones listed here are still going strong, I've just fizzled out on posting updates)
    On Twitter follow TeslaMotors, ElonMusk
    R/TeslaMotors on Redit
    InsideEVs
    EVAnnex has a Model ☰ book
    YouTube is full of Tesla Model ☰ videos some on Autopilot, road trips, charging at home, charging at superchargers, in the snow, in the rain and the hidden extras
    Google pix gallery of all Model 3 photos

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Hi Bruce, though I am more of a late addition to the family (10/10), I definitely empathize... Same here, I almost can't sleep with the amount of excitement that is building up. I check Twitter (for the now (in)famous Elon 'tidbits'), all the possible sources of information, and actively contribute to the M3OC who are a fantastic bunch!!!
    Remember, though, we'll get a fabby car!! And if it makes you feel better... I'll be happy if I get my Model ≡ by 1Q19!! :)

4. Bruce D

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Centnennial
    Country
    Thanks, both! Welcome, Michael! Keep the faith! Have you popped over to the Model 3 configure site? You can check out colors, wheels, and interiors, and build your own vehicle! I'm finding myself pulling up Autotrader and other car apps looking at the discounted model S's out here. With the new hardware, glass roof, and P100 batteries, I suspect a handful or more will want to sell their pre-2016 models and get the newest ones. Man, I would love to trade in my SUV and buy an "older" model S. 15 mpg is disgusting. Obsessing again.

5. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Hi back, @Bruce D ! For it's definitely going to be a (long) for my Model ≡... besides an MS would not even fit in my garage... Besides, beware of buying a pre-AutoPilot 2.0 vehicle with no possibility to upgrade...
    Yeah, I checked the configurator, of course... looking for my 55-60D to be Midnight Silver, with black interior (found out today that may force me to take leather as Trev said in his latest live stream that fabric only comes in white?!) - I like the dark grey wheels and the red brakes yet would not pay an arm and a leg for that if base wheels look decent enough. Then I want HUD (hope standard), heated seats (which probably means winter package) and an all glass roof). That will be all, thank you... :) Oh, no, I'll pay $4k more for the 75D if I can get the whole thin for max $50k... Call me a dreamer?!

6. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Founder M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Hey @Bruce D welcome to the board!

I know how you feel which is one of the reasons why I started this community. Speaking of time, the idea for starting this community came to me about a year ago. The Model 3 reveal event was almost 9 months ago and in less than 12 months from now we will see Model 3 cars on the road!!

Time has a habit of flying by VERY quickly. In the spring things will really start heating up once Model 3 beta vehicles are spotted driving around the bay area.

Just a word about obsessing: try and keep your expectations for Model 3 in check. It's very easy to get caught up in internet conjecture/speculation in the Tesla information vacuum on Model 3.

Learn to read between the lines of what Tesla does and what Elon says on his Twitter account and in conference calls. They love to drop hints here and there, you just need to be attentive and put 2+2 together. All truth lies within those confines :)

PS. Elon loves to party and surprises so he doesn't reveal everything about cars until they show production cars at an event. Every Model 3 seen and shown so far are the 2 alpha prototypes from the March 31 reveal event.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bruce D

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Centnennial
    Country
    Thanks for the welcome and words of wisdom! Think I'm going to reduce my sources to Twitter, Teslarati, Electrek, this site, and tesla.com. Wish I was better at putting 2+ 2 together.

8. Kizzy

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    California
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I spend way too much time reading y’all here, and the automated feed of Electrek articles.

And now I point out to my walking mates all the Models S and X I see around town .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bruce D

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Centnennial
    Country
    Me, too! Thanks for sharing! I'm now a self-proclaimed expert in solar power, evs, the traditional auto dealer network conspiracy, and identifying Tesla vehicles from a significant distance!

I was trying to start a thread for all of us to share our silly obsessive behaviors. Thanks for recognizing that and sharing. What else are you doing that others only watch in disbelief? Yesterday, I found myself standing next to a Model S much longer than I think the owner (inside the coffee shop, not me) had expected. In fact, I stopped on the way into the shop and on the way out. Cool, 7-seater D model.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Founder M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I see lots of Model S when I'm out about driving. Whenever I see one parked I make a point of seeing what options they got with the car, you know, for science. However I don't engage the owners in conversation as I know that "Tesla time" can be a burden and I already know all about the car :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jamaicaman

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Livonia, Michigan
    Country
    I too have noticed quite a few model S's and Model X's in the wild . I find that very interesting in this state that does not allow Tesla "Show Rooms".....(Michigan). When I do see them I have to hold my tongue from pointing them out in order to avoid the "ROLLING OF THE EYES" of my poor wife. It is not because she is not excited about Tesla and the Model ≡ it is because of my incessant talk about Tesla.

" Waiting for the Model≡ .... hoping that by having one in my garage will mitigate and/or soften the bad case of "TESLA(ITUS)" we are all suffering from!"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Badback

Valued Community Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Prior Lake, MN
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I have already cleaned out the space in the garage where the Tesla will be kept, and forbidden the 'women' from putting anything in it, so far no luck on that count.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. jman

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    shrewsbury, Ma
    I look at supercharger probably every day to see which new SC are being permitted and built. The problem is that there is so much info that gets released on EV's every week. Tesla over the next 6 months will drop new info on us too. Model S owner and M3 reservation holder here, I thought I would relax my interest but the opposite has happened. I find myself that much more invested and interested in the transition to electric vehicles and sustainable energy usage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Wherever I go, I check all of the nearby SC, destination chargers or stores to take pics when they are missing on the Teslarati map... Quite some work to do on the pictograms around Houston - weekend work!! :)

15. Bruce D

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Centnennial
    Country
    This is awesome! Love ALL of it! How many hours have you spent crafting the perfect vanity plate? I can confess to easily over 10 hours. I have several dozen on a master list that I update sporadically. I'm finding myself landing on: sp8ship, wrthew8, and yesitis. Sadly, I have a state vanity plate request form pre-filled so as soon as I order, I can immediately submit to make sure I get one of my three faves. Someone several months ago started a thread and I've been playing around ever since.

There was also a great thread soliciting input on the first song played. Mine is: Children of the Sun -Billy Thorpe. Every time I turn on pandora, I'm listening for the perfect song. So, yeah, a hundred hours there. I may find a different one in the next 12 months.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    @Bruce D - I actually changed out my car's custom plate with an EV specific one earlier this year. Being in Washington, the state with the highest percentage of owners driving EVs, I really didn't want to jeopardize the first couple (or 14) options being grabbed by someone else prior to the Model ☰ being delivered. Will just have to deal with the current car's plates when the time comes.
    in the meantime, my 'turbocharged' car has CHARG3D for a plate ;)
    if you need more plate ideas, I can pass on my list of others I came up with before picking this one ;)

17. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Haha. Never thought I would consider a 'vanity' plate... until now... Will need to check out their prices in France where I'll be by the racy starship :)-)) shows up on my driveway ...
    @MelindaV , can I take you up on your list for best practices sharing... then I'll translate the top 3 into French!! :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    sure (because I have them handy here in a notebook on the coffee table!) The weekend of the 3/31 reveal, these were all available in WA state. By the time I got around to deciding that I was ok giving up my then current plate, many of my top options were taken.
    in no particular order... TESLA3 T3SLA3 MODEL3 MOD3L3 THREE THR33 TMC3 TM3 AMPS AMP3D THE3 THEFUTR FUTUR3 CHARG3D 3L3CTRC E-MC MPKWH TSLAM3 BLUSTAR LUDCRS MODEL-E SUPRCRG

19. Michael Russo

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Pau, France
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    @MelindaV , great! Wow!
    My favorites:
    1. 3L3CTRC
    2. MOD3L3
    3. SUPRCRG
    4. T3SLA3
    And don't even need to translate ...
    Can go to sleep in peace now... ! :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bruce D

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Centnennial
    Country
    Hey, gang! I love substituting "3" for "E"! So cool! CHARG3D is awesome! :) @MelindaV, you slapped those plates on a turbo-charged ICE vehicle!? Hilarious! :p

Here's the list I threw together.

Sp8ship
    Yesitis
    Wrthew8
    Gmchngr
    Grinnin
    Got3sla
    Myt3sla
    T3sla
    Teslam3
    Model 3
    MyMod3
    M3100D (dare to dream)
    M3fun
    M3grin
    M3rush
    Charg3d
    Charged
    Amp3d
    Amped
    Wattsup
    Batpwrd (black color only)
    Innov8
    Neworld
    Thefutr
    Nextgen
    Evolve
    3volved
    Evolved
    Follwme
    Offgrid
    Frshair
    Paidfwd
    Toofun
    Purefun
    Purrush
    Ohyeah
    Yesss
    Epower
    Torqued
    Nocarbn
    No gas
    No fuel
    Nofumes
    W8nomo

Hey. How obsessed are you on solar power? My dream is to be completely off the grid, with a power wall 2, a model 3, and an older model (pre new autonomous hardware) S in the garage. There are federal (U.S.) incentives for solar but I'm not so sure how long they will continue to be available. Solar still seems expensive. Would love to see a 3-product (panel, power wall, vehicle) bundle special from the new Tesla! I've yet to really dig deep here. Don't have the discretionary income at moment so not allowing the Tesla obsession to get too far beyond vehicular.