Inland Empire Tint Shop

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th and still qualify for the $7500 US federal tax credit until December 31 for orders placed before November 30 as all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Country
Country
For those of you in the Inland Empire (Southern California) Looking for a tint shop that can do the back window in one piece Acutint Pro in Upland is your place. I had my Model 3 done there today and they did a great job. They use Suntek CXP and they charge $495 for all window’s except the windshield and the sun roof. I was talking to the owner Sarkis last week and he ordered a 60” roll in a couple different shades so he has stock now to do the back windows in one piece. I did 18% for the back windows and 25% for the front windows.

Attachments

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Will do- I'm two-and change hours south, but that's before the glory of LA traffic. I'll have to see if there is something in the area to occupy me for a day.

Country
Country
Will do- I'm two-and change hours south, but that's before the glory of LA traffic. I'll have to see if there is something in the area to occupy me for a day.
I dropped my car off at 8:00am and it was done by 1:30. I was his first so the more he does the faster it may go. Call and talk to the owner he is a good guy and can probably set you up with an appointment if needed.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got all of the glass tinted with crystalline and the entire front half of the car wrapped in 3M pro at Tint City in Loma Linda.

The tint looks amazing. The wrap has some minor issues. They say the few moisture spots will disappear in time,
Or they will do the work again to make it right.

Attachments

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey @Josh Highland , I am in Redlands as well and am currently waiting on delivery of my pearl white model 3. I think I have seen your car driving around town!
Can you tell me a little more about your experience at Tint city? What did you have tinted, and at what percentages? What was the cost? I am also interested in having my car partially wrapped, what was the cost? Can you elaborate on the minor issues?
If you are ever interested in having a Tesla meetup let me know! I hear there are some great coffee shops in Redlands...
-James

roflwaffle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got all of the glass tinted with crystalline and the entire front half of the car wrapped in 3M pro at Tint City in Loma Linda.

The tint looks amazing. The wrap has some minor issues. They say the few moisture spots will disappear in time,
Or they will do the work again to make it right.
How much was it? If you don't mind me asking.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey @Josh Highland , I am in Redlands as well and am currently waiting on delivery of my pearl white model 3. I think I have seen your car driving around town!
Can you tell me a little more about your experience at Tint city? What did you have tinted, and at what percentages? What was the cost? I am also interested in having my car partially wrapped, what was the cost? Can you elaborate on the minor issues?
If you are ever interested in having a Tesla meetup let me know! I hear there are some great coffee shops in Redlands...
-James
Sorry I don’t know the percentages. I got the front windshield at the lightest shade. The front windows the mid shade The back half of the car and the sun roof the darkest shade.

The minor issues with the 3m wrap have become major issues. Today the edges stared to peel up really bad. I don’t think I can wash it right now because of the peeling. I called tint city and they said the would replace it. Supposedly this happens if it dries too fast or too slow? Either way, they are going to replace the wrap. I’ll post pictures once it’s all repaired. 96758911-FDBA-4032-B858-BA2D81C94E12.jpeg 72EEC906-6898-4DEB-8C76-BA2EACACBC72.jpeg

I’m for sure down to have a meetup. My car also has red badges on it

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
For those of you in the Inland Empire (Southern California) Looking for a tint shop that can do the back window in one piece Acutint Pro in Upland is your place. I had my Model 3 done there today and they did a great job. They use Suntek CXP and they charge $495 for all window’s except the windshield and the sun roof. I was talking to the owner Sarkis last week and he ordered a 60” roll in a couple different shades so he has stock now to do the back windows in one piece. I did 18% for the back windows and 25% for the front windows.
How is the heat resistance with Suntek CXP film? I had ceramic on my other car which does a good job. Upland is next door, which is great. :)

Derik

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm looking for tint right now. One of the places said they did 3M crystalline, but would have to do a split on the rear window. I'm still calling around trying to find what I want for a 1/2 way descent price.

Last car I got tinted with a high end ceramic was <$300 and now I'm getting quotes from $500 to $1100. Things must have changed a lot in the past few years.

Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm looking for tint right now. One of the places said they did 3M crystalline, but would have to do a split on the rear window. I'm still calling around trying to find what I want for a 1/2 way descent price.

Last car I got tinted with a high end ceramic was <$300 and now I'm getting quotes from $500 to $1100. Things must have changed a lot in the past few years.
Place that did my tint originally quoted $300 for 3M. Said they had done Model 3s before.

When I got there... "Oh, we can't do this for $300. It will be $350." (Obvious first time seeing Model 3, but they had done many S and X)

Once they finished (5.5 hours later)... "Don't tell anyone we did this for $350, cause we can't do it for that price. It will be $375 for non-3M and $550 for 3M. This took ALL day to do, and it's so hard to tint the rear window!"

Derik

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
it's so hard to tint the rear window!
Yeah. If the shop doesn't know about the rear window I'm pretty much writing them off. The shops I've called the know about it are telling me it's like a 5.5-6 hour job which I 100% can see it taking that long.

Country
Country

You are more than welcome to check out my tint job. Accutint pro did a great job for me. Let me know. Also if you are in the IE you should join the Tesla club of the inland empire Facebook page.