Is anyone else here as giddy as I am watching this epic short burn unfold? :)

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The shorts' last hope is poor Q2 results. But it would have to be really bad. If it turns out that Q2 wasn't great, BUT that it was still better than Q1, and Tesla can announce a ramped-up production pipeline, then the stock is going up again.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Aww, partly pared back the day's gains. Guess they didn't like Tesla's workforce streamlining announcement? You'd think that the market would love that; it helps ensure them a good Q3.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I previously had a sell order for some of my shares at $350. When I woke up this morning and saw it jumped up to $345 in before hours trading, i moved it up to $355 (being greedy for that extra $5/share)... so of course it topped out today at $354.97.

I have no doubt it will not jump back up, but it figures ;)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I previously had a sell order for some of my shares at $350. When I woke up this morning and saw it jumped up to $345 in before hours trading, i moved it up to $355 (being greedy for that extra $5/share)... so of course it topped out today at $354.97.

I have no doubt it will not jump back up, but it figures ;)
Depending on how greedy and/or patient you really are, you may want to raise that sell order level a bit further... I really think it will flirt with 400 by some time in Q4 at the latest...

And as I write that, I am cursing myself for not owning any... ;)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Depending on how greedy and/or patient you really are, you may want to raise that sell order level a bit further... I really think it will flirt with 400 by some time in Q4 at the latest...

Oh, I planned to hold most of mine for $400ish for sure

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country

Come on, how could you resist when the shorts had pushed it down to around $250? I'm far from wealthy and had never before owned an individual stock in my life, and have to pay 1% fees (on both buying and selling)... and even I bought in ;)

When you see a stock pushed down by people operating on faulty premises and freaking out over news that has only a short-term impact... that's a buyer's market. :)

Ode to Joy

M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country

I AGREE. If you see production numbers increase and most of all a start of making a profit. Hold on it may get to $500 by the year end. I will sell a portion of my holdings to finance my model 3 and hold the rest for the long haul. Love the short burn!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Come on, how could you resist when the shorts had pushed it down to around $250? I'm far from wealthy and had never before owned an individual stock in my life, and have to pay 1% fees (on both buying and selling)... and even I bought in ;)

When you see a stock pushed down by people operating on faulty premises and freaking out over news that has only a short-term impact... that's a buyer's market. :)
I was all set to buy more at $250. Have a standing order and it didn’t make it, darn it.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Come on, how could you resist when the shorts had pushed it down to around $250? (...)
I know, I know, it sounds so stupid on my part.... not that I consider myself rich...
Full disclosure, couple of reasons really, not necessarily in order of priority...: Other short term priorities for the cash, a bad experience (long time ago) with an opportunistic stock purchase (Eurotunnel, early 90’s) and... shared decision-making on our investments with a more risk averse yet so precious wifey...

Still I should/could have risked a couple of grands... Might actually not be too late... tough itch... ;)

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Short interest is still very high, most shorts haven't been forced to cover yet. And Tesla's not to post its first quarterly profit until Q3. Just saying... ;)

If you do buy in, wait for some bad news that only has a short-term effect. Nothing is going to dip it back to the $250s, but something might temporarily tip it a couple dozen points.