Is there a way to search in the owner's manual?

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

rareohs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seems like there should be a search button in the owner's manual... kind of pain in the arse when you want to look at something beginning with the letter T, for example, and have to sit there and swipe through the entire alphabet in the index of terms.

Or, I'm an idiot and missing something really obvious :smile:

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I downloaded the Owner’s Manual to my iPhone and iPad and use iBooks to view and search it.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ask away, I have committed it to memory :cool:

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
CTRL + F ? :) Seriously though, if viewing on the browser that works, but if you meant from the car screen, I don't think there's an easier way- if someone knows how, do share please!

Beagle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is the OM site shown in Al's post above kept up to date? When I opened this OM, it referred me to another site that is our Tesla acct, but I didn't see any info that makes me think that is a lead to a constantly updated OM.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would imagine so, considering it’s on the Tesla domain, but can’t know for sure. I would email servicehelpna@tesla.com to be certain. I would imagine that it would be updated if there were significant changes made, but firmware updates are usually supported by Release Notes.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is the OM site shown in Al's post above kept up to date? When I opened this OM, it referred me to another site that is our Tesla acct, but I didn't see any info that makes me think that is a lead to a constantly updated OM.
It is updated regularly. The last page will have the date listed.

Beagle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just submitted an "idea" to Tesla that the first page that appears wherever you access the OM, (either in the car or on line) is the Index.

Of course I got "Please try to submit later".;)